Syntor X 9000 RSS Cost?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SlimBob

Syntor X 9000 RSS Cost?

Post by SlimBob »

I just got off the phone with a pre-sales questionaire -- the gal on the other end said that the price she shows in the system is $75 for the RSS -- is this right?! It's a good bit lower than I was expecting... I really shouldn't be complaining but I can't help but feeling that this isn't the software I'm looking for. The part number she gave me was RVN4007E....
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Motorola tends to lower the prices on RSS for long discontiued radios.

Older radiso liek the X9000, and teh HT600, tend to be around $70-$75, while more "current" radios are usually around $265-$299.

RVN4007 should be the correct RSS

BTW- This is probably more of a General Forum question.
SlimBob

Syntor 9000 programming software

Post by SlimBob »

Thanks. Looking at what was here, I kinda figured that the folks running the system were the programmers, but I supposed you don't get very far in the Moto universe without having to program :).

I cross referenced it (TGIGoogle) and found that there is a different version of the RSS for the Syntor X 9000 dual radio setup that is newer (like last year) than the traditional Syntor X 9000 RSS. Moto's gonna call me back to setup the license and we'll go from there. For only $75, I don't have an excuse. I was really bugging out thinking they were going to want $500 - $2500. For $2500, no go. For $75? Not too much reason <B>not</b> to take the right way out. Thanks again.
Last edited by SlimBob on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RKG

Post by RKG »

One of the reasons the price is (comparatively) reasonable is that your purchase will be a one-shot deal, rather than the usual subscription service for current models, since the software is not going to be updated in the future.
SlimBob

RSS with Syntor X 9000

Post by SlimBob »

Also, does the RSS program the control heads or do I need to get another RSS for that?
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

The RSS package contain both programs: rdprog (for the drawer) and chprog (for the heads)

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”