Spectra Astro brick swap out- Consolette

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Richard

Spectra Astro brick swap out- Consolette

Post by Richard »

Does anybody know if you can substitute an astro spectra brick for a non-astro brick in a consolette (DGT9000 remote only 800 mhz consolette)?

Thanks much.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I don't think so. The Spectra consolette radio had different firmware in it to operate with the DGT9000, you couldn't even swap in a regular 'normal' Spectra. Also I've only seen the Astro Spectra work with the RCH3000 & MC2500 series digital remotes. They don't require RSS programming like the DGT9000 did, they get the mode names directly from the radio itself. But, I've never tried it or looked into it, so cannot say for sure it won't work.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks Todd for the info...i do believe you are right.
xmo

Post by xmo »

When the Astro Consolette first came out the service manual you got was the same manual that shipped with the regular Spectra Consolette but they threw in a supplement: 6881081E65.

The supplement says: "Spectra Consolettes with L791 digital remote control are compatible with DGT9000 models L1650, L1651, and L1652. Astro Consolettes (W9 models) are compatible with DGT9000 models L1751 and L1752."

It also says that for Spectra models the mode names, etc. are programmed into the DGT9000 with the deskset RSS and for Astro models those are programmed into the radio [no programming is required for the DGT9000 used with the Astro Consolette]

One would conclude that the L16XX and L17XX DGT9000's have different firmware.

So DGT9000's are not all the same - nothing is ever easy with Motorola!
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Thanks for the clarification XMO. I never realized there were so many different models of DGT9000!

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”