Motorola GM 300 Error Number 58 Radio Code Plug Error?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Daniel Watson

Motorola GM 300 Error Number 58 Radio Code Plug Error?

Post by Daniel Watson »

GM300 M34GMC20D3AA radio works fine but if you try programming it a pop up occurs...Error Number 58 has occurred...Radio Code Plug Error?
sglass
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: sonic screwdriver

Post by sglass »

out of curiousity does it have more than 16 channels in it?

I moded my rss so I could stick 40 channels in my vhf gm300, but you have to use that rss to do it. Also aftre you stick more than 16 channels in it, you can only read it with that rss.

I forget the error I get if i try unmodded rss, but i think it was somethign like that.

just a shot in the dark

seth
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Two things to try. First, dump in a saved codeplug, if you have one. That can sometimes work.

Second, go into the alignment screens, and change a value (tx power for instance) by one increment, save & exit out of the alignments. Then try reading the radio again. Often times, that will clear out whatever was corrupted. Let us know how it went.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Daniel Watson

GM300 Code Plug Error 58

Post by Daniel Watson »

This radio has 16 channels and according to the Model number it should be only an 8 channel. Someone must have converted it with Hex Editor or TK.

I tried changing TX power in the alignment window and saving but it did not affect my problem. When you read the radio it starts out nomal but then it pops up ....Error Number 58 has occured..Radio Code Plug Error.
I do not have a saved code pug to put in. I tried one from a M44 but naturally it popped up model mismatch. The radio work ok but with this problem it can't be reprogrammed.
Daniel Watson

Code Plug Needed

Post by Daniel Watson »

Help..I need a code plug for a Motorola GM300 M34GMC20D3AA
Daniel Watson

Code Plug Error 58

Post by Daniel Watson »

All straightened out!
Just had to use hex editor to make it look like a 16 channel. The error was because the model number was for a 8 channel but there were 16 freq programmed in and this confused the software. Whoever emailed me the tip......Thank you

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”