Receiver voting chassis and cards info needed

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jim202

Receiver voting chassis and cards info needed

Post by Jim202 »

OK, guys, need some help on this. I have been out of the loop too long on this subject. Just what is available today for voting systems, who makes them and a ball park price on the cost?

Looking for a rack mount with at least 3 receiver cards in it.

Jim
Jim
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

ooohhh

Post by chartofmaryland »

Well, if your out for new, go ahead and lube up for the long one on
Astro-tac's and the Astro-tac comparator. Hehe, that's the only thing I've seen from moto out recently, what's the main use?, it's proabably gonna have to the Astro equip if it has to meet APCO requirements. If not, the used market is still out there. Q-in on the band split and how new it has to be and we'll see what can happen.
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.
Jim202

Re: voter system

Post by Jim202 »

The system is pure analog. Almost anything will work. Frequency range is germain at this point. VHF or UHF is where it will shake out at.

Just have moved and can't find any of my old company refferences as to who makes what these days. Haven't had to go after this equipment in many years.

Jim
Will

Post by Will »

I still have a bunch of low milage SpectraTac receivers in both VHF and UHF. These are the Micor receivers in the small rack mount with the signal quality modules and some even have the metering pannel module.
kb4mdz
What radios do you own?: Too many for the time I have.

Receiver voting info..

Post by kb4mdz »

If you're looking to do it new, look at JPS Communications; (http://www.jps.com) SNV-12; I've been in on putting in 3 different systems so far;

One word: Slickerthansnotonadoorknob.

Highly configurable & flexible; up to 12 sites in one chassis & you can daisy-chain up to total of 3 chassis' I think.

FM or AM, E&M lead, DSP or pilot tone sensing, groups, priorities, multicasting,

Plain good stuff. The guys that started JPS a number of years ago know about land mobile radio. Good product.

Chuk Gleason
Cary, NC
Alan

Post by Alan »

The guys at JPS might know about radio but they don't have a clue about lease lines.
We installed a JPS unit in place of a Motorola S-Tac system and had greif because the JPS does not have any of the line conditioning jumpers like the Motorola.
Line roll off was a problem. Sounded like crap. JPS said line conditioning was not thier fault and sugested that we replace all the lease lines with microwave shots. That wasn't going to happen.
We ended up adding external Tel-Labs line amps with line compensation and did our line leveling there.
The other thing I was disapointed about was the lack of a system like the Motorola S-Tac had where the level of the status tone was used as a reference to the audio level. If the status tone would drop, the comparator would then adjust the audio to compensate. we always had consistant audio levels.
We find that we have to manually adjust the JPS 2-3 times a year to compensate for line level changes.

Just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”