Very strange Spectra

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Will

Very strange Spectra

Post by Will »

Very strange indeed. The radio IS a D43KXA7JA7CK and I have checked the Range 'bit' in the radio, Range 2 146 to 174.

The real problem is when in the alignment Menu, either thru RSS or front, the radio displays 430.025, the tune up frequencies for a 438 to 470 Spectra. The Alignment Menu does not work because the radio is a VHF and it is being 'told to' do the wrong test freqs. I can adjust the soft pots in the alignment screens.

Other than that the radio works to spec.

Is there some 'bits' that are wrong in the Command or MLM ?
VE3TUH
What radios do you own?: more than I should...

Strange Spectra

Post by VE3TUH »

Hi Will. I have seen this when taking an MLM from a Spectra from 1 freq range and hacking it into a Spectra from another freq renge. I cant remember what the cure was, but that was the reason.

Randy
Will

Post by Will »

I compared the Bit locations in the MLM with a factory VHFradio's MLM and the suposed range locations were the same.

6183 thru 6192
Will

Post by Will »

I did some further tests. I put a good VHF MLM from a good radio, simmular model, in the strange radio and it sisplays the correct alignment frequencies.

So, I guess that the data is in the MLM memory. Now the question is: can it be changed?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Will wrote: So, I guess that the data is in the MLM memory. Now the question is: can it be changed?
Well, it apparently was at least once :D

Sorry I have no help to offer, but I'm confident you'll figure it out in short order.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
VE3TUH
What radios do you own?: more than I should...

Strange

Post by VE3TUH »

Yes it can. You can copy and paste the configuration data, asuming you can find another MLM, same firmware, and you have an eprom programmer. I have made an adapter to allow addressing the chips without removal from the board. I dont know of any easier way to recover a faulty MLM, sorry.

Randy

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”