RICK Repeater radios

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Motoman
What radios do you own?: XTS3000 III, MTS2000 III,

RICK Repeater radios

Post by Motoman »

Which mobile radios can be turned into a repeater though a RICK connection? Thanks.
Motoman at your service!
W4COJ
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: To Dam Many

Post by W4COJ »

I use 16pin Maxtrac radios , The pins are programmable in RSS to give COR output for the RICK. I use a vhf for rx and a uhf for tx thru a RICK as link recievers for my 2 meter repeater, They work very well.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Just about any radio with a 16-pin connector can be used. Keep in mind some radios such as the M120/130/GTX/LCS don't have programmable pins & can't be used as a receiving radio without modification. Radios that don't have any issues would include Maxtrac/GM300 (16 channel)/CDM series/M1225 series/CM series/SM120/M214/M216.

There's likely others in both catagories.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
adh

Post by adh »

I've used CDM750 with no problems.
JD

Moto radios

Post by JD »

See mt post below, I can not get a CM200 4 channel to worl correctly with a Rick. The CM will go into transmit all the time. The PTT line of the CM is seeing ground for some reason from the rick.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”