Spectra W3 HHCH on MCS2000?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motorolaaustralia

Spectra W3 HHCH on MCS2000?

Post by motorolaaustralia »

Hi all,
I don't know if it is a waste of time question, but is it possible to use the Spectra W3 Handheld Control Head on a MCS2000?

Regards, Dominic
National Wireless
Adelaide, South Australia
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

Unfortunatly the answer is no. The W3 HHCH contains a microprocessor that communicates directly with the Astro Spectra (and Astro Spectra Plus)'s SB9600 Serial Data Bus. The MCS2000 does not use this type of data bus.

It would be nice to see some kind of HHCH for the MCS2000 though. I have a customer who really likes the low-profile look of the W3 head but currently uses the MCS series, and cannot afford to upgrade at this time.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I believe it will be available on the newer MCS2000's when they are released...expect to see it available when the next generation control heads are realeased for the XTL/MCS series.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
motorolaaustralia

Okay, Thanks for the info. I really like the look of the W3 Spectra. Maybe it's the next radio on the wish list.

Thanks again,
Dominic
motorolaaustralia

HHCH MCS2000

Hi again,
Regarding my previous post, On the batlabs website, under the MCS2000 section there is a list of model numbers available and there is one HHCH model for each band.

What sort of HHCH is this?

Thanks, Dom
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

I asked about that some time ago, and I was told that the HHCH model numbers are actually for the GM900. The GM900 is not available in high power models, though.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”