Official Dayton 2005 Thread

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Are you attending Hamvention?

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 86
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

dinner

Post by batdude »

lonestar steakhouse off miller rd/poe ave/old little york rd exit WTFever

cook party

6:30pm FRIDAY NIGHT

i will have room for about 20.

please let me know FOR SURE you are coming so i can make arrangements.

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

Alex, PJ and I will be there... I have to get a hold of the 4th in our group to see if he's going, but the 4 ofus will be there.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

Count me in.
The Batlounge admin
http://www.batlounge.us
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

I'm out.

No time.

A "tpg" rep will be there for me shopping.

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information
USPSS

Post by USPSS »

You guys better come by the Kenwood booth on Friday moring and meet me Finally.

Be safe
Stan Glass

Government & Entertainment Division Manager (Kenwood)
redbeard
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Yaesu

Post by redbeard »

Me and my friend will probably make an appearance. We were there last year for a few and said hi to everyone. I didn't stay long because I really didn't know anyone and nobody really was talking to me. Now that I think of it, I still don't know anyone...why the hell am I going? LOL...
M1 Frank
Batboard $upporter

Re: dinner

Post by M1 Frank »

batdude wrote:lonestar steakhouse off miller rd/poe ave/old little york rd exit WTFever

cook party

6:30pm FRIDAY NIGHT

i will have room for about 20.

please let me know FOR SURE you are coming so i can make arrangements.

doug
In for 4 maybe 5.

Frank
"The greatest battle implement ever devised by man." General George S. Patton Jr.
sglass
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: sonic screwdriver

Post by sglass »

I'll be there
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS3000/astro spectra/

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

count 2 in, i may only drink water due to no funds, :D
but ill be there with a buddy.
think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

ok guys! leaving in several hours...
ROADTRIP!!!!!! DAYTON!!!!!!!

ok ill calm down :D

YEAHHHHH!!!!
think about how to ENCOURAGE Motorola learning safely with GRACE.....NOT condemnation.
sglass
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: sonic screwdriver

Post by sglass »

geez

if it's anything like earler tonight....
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

dinner complete

Post by batdude »

dinner was a blast. to those who made it, i think we had a great time - with great food and great company.

next years plans are already brewing........

happy 40th birthday ALEX!!!

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

Yeah Happy Birthday Alex.... and Doug... next time if you want protocols when John and I are handing out business cards... you must specify it.

FOr those that don't understand.. John K4WTF and I were handing out Hamsexy.com business cards... I ran into a group that are Hams and were really into it peppering me with stupid questions.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
wazzzzzzzzup
Batboard $upporter

Post by wazzzzzzzzup »

hey all i definately had alot of fun at the dinner tonight, some of you are just totally crazy!!!!! it was great to finally meet the face of the name.
i think putting the hamsexy stickers on the back of the manager and dist mgr was soooooo funny, i think i git a picture of it, hope it turned out.

i got my des-xl astro modules, and all is well with them. still looking for spectra hybrid carrier......

also picked up a spectra phone handset kit for 5$ good deal!
got a box of almost 100 mtx 900 portables for 50$ then sold a guy 10 for 100 so i made my money back and still have 80+ left!!! and an extra 50$$

definately got some killer deals at dayton, i still have money to spend, so im back there tomorrow!!!

ill let everyone know what else i got.

wazz
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

I thoroughly enjoyed the matching salt and pepper shakers, and the ham guard stickers all over the restroom. I also liked AB9JV's scrolling badge.
K8TEK::Tim
ROOFLIFECO
Banned

Post by ROOFLIFECO »

What else did some of you guys pick up there?

List some of your better deals.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

ROOFLIFECO wrote:What else did some of you guys pick up there?
From what I just heard, it sounds like chlamydia, herpies, and cowthiefisylis.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
n2knc

Post by n2knc »

i picked up some lmr 500 250 ft for 50.00 some of you might of saw me luging it around in the flea market on friday
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Post by Josh »

n2knc wrote:i picked up some lmr 500 250 ft for 50.00 some of you might of saw me luging it around in the flea market on friday
I feel special because I picked up an Astron power supply for the CDM series mobile for only $35- I waited for Saturday to buy it... I don't know why I didn't on Friday, so seeing as how it was still there Saturday morning, maybe it's not so special. My radio does, however, look really nice in it though, so what else can I say?

There was like a million people at the show and I confess that I don't stick out as hamsexy, but today I was wearing my brown Eastern Michigan Univeristy Shirt, and spent most of the time in the flea market with my XTS3000 and GP2000 radios.

-Josh
KC8UTI
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

I couldn't really pick up anything big cause of the plane deal, but I did pick up some really nice pre-made Andrew bulkhead jumpers
and the RF public safety mic switches for the XTS3000/5000 portables way below MSRP :lol: .

Thee FCC meeting was pretty interesting meeting Riley Hollingsworth personally as well as Nick and a few others at the tent. It was cool putting faces with names.

Have a safe trip home guys.
JAYMZ

Post by JAYMZ »

I made out pretty well this weekend. Sold some stuff that I wanted to get out and bought a few other things that are in the realm of "nice to have".

The best part of the whole thing was picking up a duplexer for a VHF repeater project PJ and I are working on for a really great price. So all in all it was a pretty successful weekend.

And to everyone that we ran into this weekend, it was a pleasure meeting you all, and we hope to see you guys next year.
JAYMZ

Calvin
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

I got a $20 astro spectra from spectragod!!! On Sunday, no less!

Man, if we could only list all the fun we had! It was great meeting everyone this weekend, even though we never did do intros @ Lonestar!
The Batlounge admin
k4wtf
Batboard $upporter

Post by k4wtf »

Dayton was definately a blast this year. After the dinner last year, nothing less could have been expected!

What is amazing is that nobody has mentioned Amy yet. :o

Alex, PJ, Jaymz, Rick Rock and I had a blast on Saturday night as well... At least until the baby vs floor from 3ft incident. (NO! None of us caused it!)

I'll let someone else explain that one. I know the first thing I did when I got home was kiss my little boy. My heart nearly stopped on Saturday night.

John
Check out The New and Improved Bat Lounge

k4wtf
Batboard $upporter

Post by k4wtf »

PS: Alex joined the "I Donated to John's Beer Fund" club this weekend and as promised I used a portion of the beerfund to buy booze and dinner for the group above.

nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

k4wtf wrote:Dayton was definately a blast this year. After the dinner last year, nothing less could have been expected!
Yea, no kidding. So which one of you is reponsible for the trick-or-treat attorney? I heard alex was having relations with the bovine burlar.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
Rick Rock

Post by Rick Rock »

We plead the 5th, however Alex was laughing so hard @ one point he had to leave the room rather quickly :roll:

Who would've thought 5 middle-aged men and one of them's father having so much fun @ a local restaurant? :o
The Batlounge admin
VE3TUH
What radios do you own?: more than I should...

Dayton frolics

Post by VE3TUH »

I also had a great time. It was good meeting some of you, I picked up more goodies than I should have, and will be there again next year. CYA!
SlimBob

Re: Dayton frolics

Post by SlimBob »

VE3TUH wrote:I also had a great time. It was good meeting some of you, I picked up more goodies than I should have, and will be there again next year. CYA!
I did about the same, and am happy I could meet some of you as well. I would have liked to have met more, and attended Mr. Cook's bash, but I couldn't locate it until 7PM and we figured no one would be around.
k4wtf
Batboard $upporter

Post by k4wtf »

You should have come. Hell, Alex and crew didn't show up until about 6:45pm or so. Rick Rock and I thought we were going to be late but were actually the first people there with the Cook party.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”