DIU 3000 RSS on Windows XP

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ASTROMODAT

DIU 3000 RSS on Windows XP

Post by ASTROMODAT »

The Quantar has long since had its RSS uplifted so it will run on the Windows XP fake DOS mode. I keep hearing that the DIU 3000 RSS was also supposed to be uplifted to do the same, but thus far I'm still stuck having to support pure DOS 6.22 to program our DIU's. Does anyone know if Motorola has uplifted the DIU RSS (RVN-4053Q) to run on the fake DOS in Windows XP?
WB5ITT
What radios do you own?: Motorola, GE, Kenwood, Yaesu

Post by WB5ITT »

Runs fine on my XP SP2 laptop...I have R 07.01.21m (which is old but thats the one Mother M handed us)
Used it a while back when upgrading my DIUs to the newer comm board (which Mother M still owes me one!)

Chris
RocketNJ

Post by RocketNJ »

There's a Windows version of DIU software available now.
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

Do you know what version this XP DIU RSS is? I have not received/heard of a recent DIU RSS update.

BTW, does it run on the fake DOS within XP (like the Qunatar RSS does), or is it a full blown Windows CPS?
xmo

Post by xmo »

It is a CSS full blown Windows package.

I just downloaded it - it looks pretty good [I haven't actually talked to a DIU with it yet]

Go to: MOL, Resource Center, Products, Software, Two Way, Configuration Service Software

It appears to have been around for a couple of years. Apparently M is so busy finding jobs to cut and depots to close that they don't have time to actually ever talk to their customers to let us know about these things.
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

Thanks, xmo! Wow, I can't believe they kept this thing secret so long. I had heard rumors that it was coming out, and here it has been (secretly) around for some time now.

What seems odd to me is that the Qunatar is still RSS, albeit it runs on the Windows XP fake DOS, yet the DIU has a full blown Windows CSS layout. I would have thought they would have fully Windowized the Quant CSS, given they did this for the DIU. Perhaps this is because the Summit is imminent (was sceduled/planned to ship this month in 800 Trunked only), while the DIU will supposedly still support the new Summit?

Who knows...

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”