MT(S)2000 Limited Keypad to Full Keypad

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SPVFD47
What radios do you own?: HT1550, HT1250, MT2000, HT1000

MT(S)2000 Limited Keypad to Full Keypad

Post by SPVFD47 »

Can the keypads on a MT(S) be swapped just like a HT1250 ? I know the keypad can be added to a HT1000 and the code plug edited to turn the keypad one. I'd like to know you can swap over to a limited to a full keypad and vice versa... If so does the code plugs need to be swapped also ?
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

If the radio is a MTS2000, it will have "toolproof" firmware if it is over rev 5.42. That will not let you use any lab/depot RSS with the codeplug. I may be incorrect, but I don’t think that you can use an external editor (using a hex editor on the codeplug) ether without activating the toolproof. Check on the Batlab site for more info.

If it is a MT2000, or older firmware on a MTS, then you are good to go. Just get the correct codeplug for you needs, and program it in with the correct level of RSS. You may need to retune the radio if you use another radio's codeplug. Check and record your tuning values before you start. It's also a very good idea to save an s-record as described on Batlabs.

Have fun,

Jim.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”