/\/\ Sold their Infrastructure, Subscriber Depots & A.A.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Dan562
What radios do you own?: Kenwood, Yaesu, ICOM, Motorola

Post by Dan562 »

Posted by: Canadian ALAN on Friday Oct 21, 2005 5:16 AM

What a bunch of whining and complaining.
No one has actual facts to post so just post a bunch of speculation.
Our radio's have crossed the border for years without issue. We still have a 5-day turn around. Why not wait to see if maybe things might even improve in some ways.
I suppose you have the facts straight from your /\/\ source in Canada or the U.S.A. I would suggest to re-read the post from the beginning. That first post was missing the /\/\ Test Equipment Depot purely by accident but they are collocated in the same Elgin facility as the Infrastructure & Subscriber Depots and AAD Parts Department. There has not been an Official /\/\ Internal Broadcast E-mail sent to their 66,000 or 68,000 Worldwide employees.

More than half of /\/\ Worldwide employees are living and employed in their native China, India, Ireland, Canada, France, Russia, Poland, Brazil, Korea, Germany and the remaining 27,000 /\/\ employees are living and employed in the U.S.A. and a large percentage are “Green Card Holders” not U.S. citizens!

The Corporate /\/\ management and their Human Resource Department are handling this situation of /\/\ personnel as a transparent operation. This is so the independent /\/\ Sales and Service Shops wouldn’t be wiser to who has taken over (being CDTI of Pennsylvania) the repair operations. But here’s a thought, Why don’t you contact these brave /\/\ employees: SoonFormerMotorolaEmploye, DJP 126 & jdsw via the PM route ask them if they were informed in a Special Town Hall Meeting held on September 29, 2005. Each Depot employee were handed a package about the Depot Operations being sold out and Subscriber radio being moved to Mexico. You may want to ask these people about their proposed benefit packages being a fraction of their former /\/\ benefits too! I know these people have the Facts that you are desperately trying to confirm.

And this is not speculation as I’ve seen this corporation in action throughout 30+ years in Schaumburg, IL. although the last 10 years have been the most difficult to work at and watch the personnel they were friends and co-workers being Tapped and/or Terminated from the company we all helped to build into a major Telecommunications Giant Corporation. BTW ALAN, I’m not speculating about Export Control Classification Numbers. I handled that responsibility as part of my career position and it carries very stiff Fines not only for the corporation but also for the employees that assigns and approves the U.S. Department Of Commerce DOC documentation. All /\/\ employees that handle the ECCNs are required by the corporation to continually take the bi-yearly ECCN training for all new updates. Any units that have Encryption are required to be handled using a certain process and procedure. I sincerely hope this new company CDTI fully understands the ECCN processes and procedures, otherwise your 5 days could easily turn into three months or more and carrying heavy fines.

It is very apparent that you, ALAN, have never been employed by /\/\ to understand the culture and pride we all put into our positions and the customers were # 1. Not the accounting bottom line now projected by /\/\ Corporate Management.

Since you must have so much confidence in /\/\’s Corporate Management decisions, understand the corporation better than I and probably have less confidence in the U.S. technical workers doing the repairs on your units, that will lose there employment from /\/\ at the end of December, 2005. Then I guess you have two choices, send your Subscriber units to Mexico or learn how to fix them to component level yourself. Good Luck, You'll Need It!
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Alan wrote:What a bunch of whining and complaining.
No one has actual facts to post so just post a bunch of speculation.
Our radio's have crossed the border for years without issue. We still have a 5-day turn around. Why not wait to see if maybe things might even improve in some ways.
Too ignorant to be worth spending any time responding to.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

Time to give Alan a break. First of all, Alan doesn't send his radios to our depot. He sends them to Motorola Canada, LTD. They then forward the radios to the US. If Alan is a tech for Motorola Canada, he still doesn't send the radios to the US. He sends them to the shipping department & they have to do all the ECCNs & other paperwork, so for Alan, it's ship it & wait.
Dave
WH6USA

Post by WH6USA »

I am not suporting buying another motorola system when were done with our present system, I feel strongly we should look elswhere.It really pisses me off the way M treats their employees, and the quality just isn't what it used to be.
RF on a Rock
kmoose
Batboard $upporter

Post by kmoose »

WH6USA wrote:I am not suporting buying another motorola system when were done with our present system, I feel strongly we should look elswhere.It really pisses me off the way M treats their employees, and the quality just isn't what it used to be.
Mahalo, WH6. I have been saying, for some time now, that I hate Motorola's business practices, but that they make some quality radios. The new mid tier stuff that they have put out(HT 750, CT 250, etc.) has been just about two steps above junk. We recently contacted some folks who got Aid to FireFighters grants, to see if they were interested in Relm's new line of Public Safety grade radios, the Relm/BK RPV 3000s and 3600s. A bunch of them told us that they only wanted to deal with Motorola equipment. *shrugs* I guess they want to throw their money away. If you need high end stuff, I think Motorola is probably still the way to go. But, if you don't need XTS type radios, I could not, in good conscience, suggest anyone buy Motorola. I know this is a Motorola board, and that people here have a loyalty to Mother M, but the facts are the facts.

P.S. Does Hernando's Hideaway still have Power Hour(all shots $1.00)?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”