Spectra A3 bandsplit change

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VE3TUH
What radios do you own?: more than I should...

Post by VE3TUH »

Hi all. I wonder if anyone could help me. I have a VHF A5 Spectra that I am changing to an A3. I have all the hardware sorted out, as in the head, connecting plate, and MLM. The MLM is out of a UHF, though. I changed the model number in the MLM to a VHF one, and the frequency range bits at location 605F to 62, VHF high split. Also had to reinit the command board to accept the A3 MLM. All works great now except for the service menu in RSS. Test frequencies in the service menu are 225.025, 233.025, and 240.975. Anyone know how to get these frequencies to what they should be? I guess another option would be to find a VHF, A3 codeplug, and force it in, I think that would clear those values to what they should be, I am sure the problem is in the MLM.

Thanks,

Randy
Will

Post by Will »

There has been a lot of Spectras showing the wrong alignment frequencies comming in for repairs here. Seems the codeplug info was forced in over something else, BitBanged, or otherwise hosed.

Even the wrong test or alignment frequencies show up in the Service section of the RSS, making alignment imposible.

I did "fix" a few by loading a known good code plug archive. Then the whole alignment had to be done as the radio comes up way off.
VE3TUH

Post by VE3TUH »

Hi Will. I suspected as much. All is 100 % except for the alignment frequencies in the RSS service menu. And yes, the radio does require a realignment now. Is there a chance that you could send me a VHF A3 codeplug? I would appreciate it, and thanks for replying.

Randy
Will

Post by Will »

I would have to look in the archives, A3's arround here are few.

Update..I could not find a 'stock' VHF A3, sorry.
Last edited by Will on Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
VE3TUH

A3 bandsplit change

Post by VE3TUH »

Hi. Does anybody have an VHF A3 codeplug they would mind sending me?

Thanks,

Randy
kk6rq
What radios do you own?: My wife is calling; go away...

Spectra test freq bit locations?

Post by kk6rq »

Someone started to ask this awhile ago but never got a satisfactory answer as far as I could see:

I've done a codeplug force of an 800 cp into a UHF radio and desperately
need to get the UHF(450-482) test freqs back from 800. Has anyone ever
found the bit locations for them? Or better still, short of directly clamping
onto the eeproms, is there a way to blindly read the entire
MLM/Command Board ranges to a file? Trying to search one byte at a time
is worse than tedius. I appreciate any suggestions...

Oh, also---not that it's as important, but the trunking side doesn't let me
put any frequencies, UHF or otherwise into the control channel fields. Has
anyone ever dealt with this?
Jim202

Re: A3 bandsplit change

Post by Jim202 »

Let me make sure I understand what codeplug your looking for. Are you trying to use a HHCH with the SIU (serial interface unit) in this application? If so, then I have several of these units in service and could get one of those codeplugs for you.

Jim

VE3TUH wrote:Hi. Does anybody have an VHF A3 codeplug they would mind sending me?

Thanks,

Randy
DaBigBR

Post by DaBigBR »

http://www.codeplugsupersite.com/

There are several spectra codeplugs here, but they are by S/N mostly. It might be worth downloading them all and trying them.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Forgive me if I didn't read the post fully, but I have a range 2 vhf dashount a3 codeplug. Ill need to delete some stuff off of it but if you need that let me know.

Jason
VE3TUH

VHF A3 codeplug

Post by VE3TUH »

Hi Jason. Yes, a VHF range 2 A3 codeplug would be great. I have made the UHF codeplug work in an A3 radio, but the test freqs are not correct. Its a minor issue, but would be nice to have it perfect. I could send you the UHF A3 codeplug in return, if you like.

Randy

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”