HOW TO STORE A NON STANDARD PL IN THE CPS RSS

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

911-EMT

HOW TO STORE A NON STANDARD PL IN THE CPS RSS

Post by 911-EMT »

HI I HAVE A MOTOROLA HT1250 AN IM TRYING TO STORE A NON STANDARD "PL" LIKE D"022"N BUT THE RSS CPS WONT ECCEPT IT , IS IT ANY WAY TO STORE IT ?
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

022 woudl be concidered a DPL, i just tried every way i could think of and i couldn't make it work either. why do you need to use a non standard DPL?
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
911-EMT

Post by 911-EMT »

We use non standard PL’s and DPL's because it help’t us eliminates unauthorized transmit ions
n9upc

Post by n9upc »

The HT series will allow non-standard PL but will not accept non-standard DPL's.

On a side note what radios have you been using that will allow non-standard DPL's?
" ah the fatman made a funny!" - Stewie from the family guy.

I went to the doctor and all he did was just suck blood. Never go to Dr Acula - M. Hedberg
HLA

Post by HLA »

are you using this on a repeater and getting it to take that DPL? seems like if you wanna keep people out you might want to use some kind of encryption instead. right now that odd DPL is even keeping you out.
HLA
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
911-EMT

Post by 911-EMT »

Hi first question first, We are using Kenwood radios now, and we have no problem using non standard PL's and DPL's, If you’re working in most Kenwood rss, look under edit, then select signaling table, there you could make your own non standard PL or DPL.
Second question i'm not sure what type of repeater it is but it is doing non standard DPL (like D022N), The system is working fine with kenwood radios, but we cant do it on /\/\ radios, Thanks to n9upc for the info on PL’s it works fine, but in still looking do make DPL to work.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

The CP/CM/PR/PM series radios allow non-standard DPL's, but the HT/CDM series does not. I'm not aware of anyone modifying the CPS to make it do so, either.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Will

Post by Will »

Way back when Motorola did the DPL, they purposely used only certian DPL codes and not the ones subject to falsing.

One other way of the radio manufacturers elimating Motorola as a competitor.

Try to see if the DPL code is a mirror image of a valid, but inverted code.
HLA

Post by HLA »

am i wrong or will a Motorola radio set to 023 still recieve the 022 dpl since it's so close? I know i've offset some pl's like 192.8 to 192.5 and it still works.
HLA
Will

Post by Will »

Jeff, the DPL is a digitaly modulated eight bit octal code and 022 is not 'next to' 023 like the PL codes which are analog tones.

Return to “Radio Programming”