Possible to use a Pentium 4 with RSS to program a HT1250?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jammer

Possible to use a Pentium 4 with RSS to program a HT1250?

Post by Jammer »

First timer trying to coordinate everything before buying...

Can you use a new PC, saya Pentium 4 with XP, to program an HT1250 with RSS software?

I've read somewhere regarding this that new PC's are far too fast to program a motorola radio and that one should stick to using a 386 PC with Windows 95.

True or no?
J.Sanor
What radios do you own?: Twin-V and an HT200

HT1250 and P4 computer

Post by J.Sanor »

Not true, HT1250 rss, really CPS, is made to run on todays fast computers.
You should have no problems with your P4 running XP .
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

You're correct for the old DOS-based stuff. However, anything that runs in windows (R04 M1225, ProRadio, Commercial Radio, ASTRO, ASTRO25, MTS2000, etc.) will run great on a current-model computer.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

you should also make shure your machine has a serial port, especially if it's a laptop.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

As per the board's rules, please refrain from posting the same topic /question in multiple forums.

Since it looks like you just joined, please take a few minutes to read the Board FAQs and rules

Thanks! :D

Return to “Radio Programming”