Are the PL tones different on a P110?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

AHSGA

Are the PL tones different on a P110?

Post by AHSGA »

Hello,

I have a couple of P110 radios that I would like to know the tone on. I tried to use the tone scan mode on a icom w32a and was unable to get it. Is there a default tone that folks might have programmed these radios for? Are the PL tones different on the P110?

Regards
BikerScout
Batboard $upporter

Post by BikerScout »

Most /\/\ radios can do DPL, TPL, CSQ, and Inv.DPL. Are you sure it is TPL?
AHSGA

Post by AHSGA »

I'm not sure which it is. Looking at the model number and comparing it to the chart it looks like it can do pl and dpl. I wasn't aware of the dpl. Most likely this is the problem.

Regards
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

P110...

Post by Tom in D.C. »

AHSGA:

The P110 is essentially an early model GP300 but there is no such thing as
a default tone or DPL setting for these radios. The only practical way to find out
the tone or DPL setting is to read the radio with the appropriate equipment
and Motorola program. There are some devices on the market that will tell
the tone code from a radio's transmissions, and I think they also do DPL, but they're not common because reading the radio with the program is the easiest way to answer the quesiton. Also, it's unfortunate that the earlier model amateur portables were not built to do DPL, allthough today most of them are.

If and when you get the radio reprogrammed you can have the tone or DPL set to whatever setting you need.

Regards,
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

You can also take a P110 and GP300 and swap cases, they are the same radio, only the case and battery are different, features such as speaker mics are the same as well.

I swapped my P110 case years ago while driving through S. Dakota, I stopped in Mitchell and told the guy there I wanted a new case for my P110, I could not believe he didn't know they are the same core radios!

Take the P110 from the case and you'll see the middle button that's not available on the P110 but is on the GP, swap cases and batteries and you are all set.

You can even use P10 batteries on the GP300 if you cut the battery retainer slots in it, after that, you can't stand the radio up, but you at least get to make use of both radio's batteries should the need arise.

Just my experiences with those radios.....

Enterprize.....One to beam up!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”