Help! MX3000, ?, but cannot program it

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Ed

Post by Ed »

There's a MX-3000 version on the European market, made for the Dutch PTT, label reads "PTT TELECOM" and this one uses his own RSS (DPTT.exe). There's also a German (FüG) version, called the MX3013, this one also uses his specific RSS. If you change stickers to Motorola MX3000, you can't see the difference.

Ed
"American beer is like making love in a canoo. It's both f*cking close to water."
(Monty Python's Flying Circus)
Ed

Post by Ed »

I don't know about the copyrights on the DPTT software (will check), but asking for RSS is a big No-No overhere....

Ed
"American beer is like making love in a canoo. It's both f*cking close to water."
(Monty Python's Flying Circus)
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

Looks like bad contact or bad programming cable!
If the RSS is not the right one,the RSS reads the radio and give an error massage,like wrong Core.
Sometimes it is helpful to try another PC or anothe RS232 card,even the the other radios are readable.

Andreas
Last edited by Andreas on Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RKG

Post by RKG »

Or it could be someone trying to run RSS in a Windows "DOS Window" that is intercepting the UART calls. Remember, RSS can only be under under native DOS.
Keygun

Re: Help! MX3000, ?, but cannot program it

Post by Keygun »

Titan206 wrote: "the rib not connected to IBM PC".
I`m almost shure, your computer is too fast. Use an old and slow model with 286-processor and a maximum of 20Mhz clockspeed. I bet, it will work then.

Regards

Keygun
GJ

Post by GJ »

Titan206 wrote:oh, my computer has a cpu DX100,maybe it is too fast.
my god,where can i find a slower computer,maybe i need to borrow it from history museum.
Happy Newyear from Holland, yes it is allready newyear overhere :D
The MX1000 series (MX1000/MX2000/MX3000) must/can be programmed ONLY with an 286 pc, if it is any faster all sort of problems can happen.
Don't bother to slow your current pc down, that won't do the job.
The only way to programm a MX1000 series is to use a stable 286 pc!
Maybe you can find one on Ebay?
Good luck!

Return to “Radio Programming”