Programmingcabel connection for GM950

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JP

Programmingcabel connection for GM950

Post by JP »

Folks,

I have an GM950 the radio model is M08KHFE91AN this is a mobilofoon whitout a head. The buttons and display are placed in the microfoon who is connected to the front. (See Gallery Batlabs) Can you tell me the connection for the programming cable and where to place the back or the front.

Greating JP
Holland.
Ed

Post by Ed »

JP,

The GM-950 with HHCM has to be programmed by the accessory connector. Alternative you can swap the head of a regular GM-950, so you can programm by the microphone connector.

Ed
"American beer is like making love in a canoo. It's both f*cking close to water."
(Monty Python's Flying Circus)
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

It should be the same as the MCS2000 cable:

-edit-

My bad...it isn't.

Todd
Last edited by wavetar on Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Wavetar,

The GM-950 doesn't have the RS-232 connector. The GM-950 has a 16 pins connector on the back.

Ed
"American beer is like making love in a canoo. It's both f*cking close to water."
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Ah, it looked like the MCS series. Is there a pinout for the cable he needs?

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Ed

Post by Ed »

wavetar wrote:Ah, it looked like the MCS series. Is there a pinout for the cable he needs?

Todd
Pinnout of the 16 pins is on Batlabs.(GM350/950 section).

Ed
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I see...the actual GM950 page only contains a single page of bandsplit information, I didn't realize the GM350 had the correct info. Thanks!

Todd

JP

GM950

Post by JP »

Thanks for the information a have no head for the GM950 and must programed the Mobilofoon on the connector backsite.
Greatings JP

Return to “Radio Programming”