Visar Squelch Problem, Any Ideas?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motorolaaustralia

Visar Squelch Problem, Any Ideas?

Post by motorolaaustralia »

Hi All,
I have a Visar UHF which has open squelch ALL the time... The only way to fix the squelch is put it right up in the RSS Service Menu. I have to adjust it right up to 61/64 to stop the static...

That gives me a problem... I can't hear any transmissions on the channel because the squelch is too high.

I am not using any PL tones, only CSQ so I can't fix my problem by putting a RX PL.

Any Ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks, Dom
Al

Post by Al »

Sounds like you are trying to receive while the Visar is near or somewhere around either a PC or other electrical noise generating equipment. Does the radio act the same way when you remove it to another area? If it does, then you may have a squelch circuit problem. If it does not, then electrically generated noise in the area where you're using it is the problem. If the receive is CSQ, then the only remedies are to either use coded squelch or remove the source of the interference.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”