Spectra Dash Mount to Remote Mount.

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SPVFD47
What radios do you own?: HT1550, HT1250, MT2000, HT1000

Spectra Dash Mount to Remote Mount.

Post by SPVFD47 »

I currently have a remote mount Spectra. Only problem is that its not the freq range that I need. I've found a dash mount thats the right range but for my install I need a remote mount. Is there a way I can use my remote head, cable and other remote parts and swap them with the dash mount unit ?

Thanks in advance,
Doug
bnn121

Post by bnn121 »

Yes...all you need to do is remove front plastic containing the display, and all the push buttons. There are two screws on either side of the front plastic. Take those out and pull up on both sides of the platic front. You will then see the iterconnect board that connects the front of the radio to the radio itself, remove that.

Take you current control head and remove the front platic in the same way...so now you have a front plastic and a back housing from your control head.

Take the radio's front cover off in the same manor. Your will either have one or two DB25 pin sockets on the front were the control cable conects too. Remove that from your current radio. You then need to place that front platic piece onto the new radio that was once a dash mount. and then take the back housing from the control head and put it on the back of the new control head front platic...that is if they are diffrent. If your current radio is a A5 head and your new radio is the A5 head, all you need to do is swtich the front plastic on the radio.

Hope this helps. and makes since
k4wtf
Batboard $upporter

Post by k4wtf »

It will take you 5 mins max to switch from dash mount to remote mount. It's just that easy. Oh... And 4 mins of that will be spent searching for your allen wrench to remove the head. ;)
Check out The New and Improved Bat Lounge

http://www.batlounge.us

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”