x9000 control head cable

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

harrisjt2000
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

x9000 control head cable

Post by harrisjt2000 »

i have a syntor x9000 cable i am not using and was wondering, if it is possable to replace the syntor x9000 connector on the control head cable, and put a DB25 male connector on the cable to use it with a spectra, if so, is there a good wire map or pinout for it.
Mike B

Post by Mike B »

Here is the Syntor X 9000 control head pin out:
http://www.open.org/~blenderm/syntorx9k ... #x9kchpins

Here is the Spectra cable pin out:
http://www.open.org/~blenderm/spectra/c ... #s9krdpins
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

The only wire missing is the Spectra uses pin 27, Emergency, and the Syntor cable doesn't have a connection to the control head pin 27.

I don't know if that would cause you troubles or not.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
harrisjt2000
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

x900

Post by harrisjt2000 »

no troubles on the emerg wire i dont need it. Another question is, with the BLK/GRN wire if you strip it back there is a smaller BLK/GRN wire in it aswell as an un shelded one, is this a ground? where should it go? there are other wires in this think like that. thanks -jh
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

Some of them are actually shielded cables, such as the mic hi and mic lo wire, mic high is the center and mic lo is the shield.

Just follow along with the pinout, it shows (shield) for the ones that have it.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”