again encryption......

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

LAPD_Astro

again encryption......

Post by LAPD_Astro »

Hello,

thanks to everybody who answers, I have learnt a lot....

I have bought a DVI-XL KVL with 2 XTS 3000 radios.

Can I also use the cable from KVL to XTS 3000 for the MTS 2000 radios?

When I have one MTS 2000 with DES-XL and one Astro Saber with DES-XL, programmed NON-Astro, do they communicate in the encrypted mode with each other (when programmed on the same freq. and both loaded with the same key?
Where do I install the module into the MTS 2000 ? Is it at the bottom of the radio when the remove the silver plate?

Why does the Astro Saber with display show " KG1 DES-XL" and " KG2 None"? Can there be inserted two secureNet modules into the Astro Saber?

Thanks very much :P
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: again encryption......

Post by jmr061 »

Your questions are answered below. FYI DVI-XL and DES-XL are totally different.
LAPD_Astro wrote:Hello,

thanks to everybody who answers, I have learnt a lot....

I have bought a DVI-XL KVL with 2 XTS 3000 radios.

Can I also use the cable from KVL to XTS 3000 for the MTS 2000 radios? YES

When I have one MTS 2000 with DES-XL and one Astro Saber with DES-XL, programmed NON-Astro, do they communicate in the encrypted mode with each other (when programmed on the same freq. and both loaded with the same key? YES
Where do I install the module into the MTS 2000 ? Is it at the bottom of the radio when the remove the silver plate? YEs it goes in the very bottom of the radio. You need a rubber isolator pad as well with the encryption board.

Why does the Astro Saber with display show " KG1 DES-XL" and " KG2 None"? Can there be inserted two secureNet modules into the Astro Saber? No you can not put two modules in. Depending on the firmware in the radio it can support two or three types of secure IN ONE MODULE.

Thanks very much :P
MRFLASHPORT

Re: again encryption......

Post by MRFLASHPORT »

LAPD_Astro,

I think a lot of people are getting tired of reading your posts! Why are you so interested in encryption?

This subject is really getting boring and I'm sure there are quite a few others who agree with me.

Stop spending your money on junk, and enjoy your radios!
MrFlashPort
swest

Post by swest »

Why do you bother responding if you dont have something informative to post? Some of the people here are still learning, I thought thats what this place was about. If you find the subject boring, skip over the thread or find something else to do. If someone wants to learn about something and spend their own money to do so, good for them!

Anyway..

MTS2000 KVL Cable TDN9390D $82.50
Yes it works on the JEDI / MTS and XTS series.

Yes if both radios have the SAME encryption module and key loaded then they will speak to each other in secure.

No, there is no room for two modules to fit. There are encryption modules that handle more then one encryption standard. A common example is the DES-OFB / DES-XL module.

FYI, I found all this information from THIS SITE (except current MOL price). The search feature works wonders.
LAPD_Astro

Post by LAPD_Astro »

I am just asking.... It is okay if you are getting bored. sorry for that.
But I don´t tell all the people in the Saber thread that their questions are boring just because I know how to do it.....
Be happy that there are people how how want to learn and don´t spend their free-time watching every day 5 or 6 hours crap on tv.

And to the 2 other guys: Thanks for your answers. I will receive 2 KVL, 2 XTS 3000 and encryption stuff tomorrow.....Let´s see how it works :roll:
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Post by K8TEK »

The search button works wonders.

Perhaps you should watch this...
http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou
K8TEK::Tim
e231

Post by e231 »

nice
xts2500-vhf, uhf