Inexpensive CW ID ?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Inexpensive CW ID ?

Post by kb0nly »

Looking to do this on a very small budget.. Can anyone suggest an inexpensive CD ID module? I just need it for id'ing on a rf link, so no fancy features needed, it just needs to be programmable for the ID and send it every ten minutes.

I will also post in the for sale forum in case anyone has something available for sale, used, cheap, etc.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
kato56

re: ID'er

Post by kato56 »

Try one of these, we bought one for our 1200 mhz ham repeater.

http://www.com-spec.com/id8.htm
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

The ID-8 is a good one, used a few of them myself, just don't have the budget to buy one right now.

I was thinking of trying one of these:

http://www.hamgadgets.com/product_info. ... ucts_id=64

$20 for a kit plus shipping, seems easy enough to set and forget using a computer connected to it.

For the price i think it's worth the gamble.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

phrawg

Post by phrawg »

try "hamtronics"
BBbzzzzz... ZAP.. GULP !!! ahhhh GOOD fly !
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

They don't have the "CWID" model listed anymore, i think they discontinued them?

AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

Of all the gear Hamtronics used to sell, I loved the CW IDer the most.

I had three, and they all had clean CW notes and they souded great, no mushy sounding tones and the keying was instantaneous as well.

They used to have two or more if I recall, one had an EEPROM and the other was diode programmable...I can't remember if there were others, but no matter.

1N914 diodes were far simpler to change and swap than paying to have a EEPROM burned with a call change.

wa2zdy

Post by wa2zdy »

That $20 ID-O-Matic should work as advertised. NØXAS has a very good reputation in the ham community for making good stuff.

Good luck.
Chris,
Hamming 31 years
http://www.wa2zdy.com
Wesley Chapel, Pasco County, Florida
Snow? What's that?!
The human race is proof that Darwin was wrong.
gdsteele

Post by gdsteele »

I put one on my GR300. Works GREAT! If you have any questions, just drop Dale a line and he is more than helpful. Takes about 10 minutes to set it up using hyperterminal.

If you have any other questions, pm me.

Jerry
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

For $20 i'm getting the ID-O-Matic, it's a damn neat little device, and after building one and putting it to use i will likely get another for something else.

I'll post back after it's built and put to use. The plan is to use it with a Yaesu FT-8800R by way of the Packet jack on the back to ID the UHF side while using crossband repeat.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”