2004 Ford F150

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rescue14

2004 Ford F150

Post by rescue14 »

I am in the planning stages of my install for my 2004 Ford F150. However I have yet to find a pre-fab entrance point for my wiring. Anyone got any suggestions? My 97 F150 had a pre-fab whole in the passenger floorboard with a rubber gasket. Looking for any ideas before I start drilling.
Jim202

Re: 2004 Ford F150

Post by Jim202 »

You can use one of the rubber grommets under the
dash on the drivers side where cables and such go
through the fire wall. If you look, you will find a
couple of them there. At least one of them has the
hood release cable and or emergency brake cable.

You should be able to take a philips screwdriver and
punch it through. If by some chance you get one of
the real thick ones, take a drill and carefully make a
hole off to one side of the grommet. Make sure you
don't snag any wire if you end up using the drill.

Jim

rescue14 wrote:I am in the planning stages of my install for my 2004 Ford F150. However I have yet to find a pre-fab entrance point for my wiring. Anyone got any suggestions? My 97 F150 had a pre-fab whole in the passenger floorboard with a rubber gasket. Looking for any ideas before I start drilling.
niagara16
What radios do you own?: motoola

Post by niagara16 »

in the engine compartment on the driver side firewall. there is a sticky piece of metal. if you pull that back you have access to the inside of the vehicle.
WB5ITT
What radios do you own?: Motorola, GE, Kenwood, Yaesu

Re: 2004 Ford F150

Post by WB5ITT »

rescue14 wrote:I am in the planning stages of my install for my 2004 Ford F150. However I have yet to find a pre-fab entrance point for my wiring. Anyone got any suggestions? My 97 F150 had a pre-fab whole in the passenger floorboard with a rubber gasket. Looking for any ideas before I start drilling.
There still is a groment on the passenger side...but its in a different spot on the floor than before. Lift the carpet for it..(or look in the trench under the plastic covers in the F150)...The 150s and 250s I have in my fleet have been that way and I merely poke thru and pull the cables up the inside of the passenger side fender; right to the battery. I'm sure since you posted this in Aug, you have since found something but thought I would add my 0.02 to it...no need to drill. I run the power lead for my 100watt Astros this way as well as a 10amp lead for the mobile laptop, etc.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”