HT1550XLS DISPLAY

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KDN

HT1550XLS DISPLAY

Post by KDN »

We have about 100 of these in the fleet and our local dealer said that there is a Motorola bulletin on the displays reguarding them fading, and totally dropping.
Anyone have any more information???
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

mine is on almost 24/7 and i've never had a problem with it in the year i've had it.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

A friend 1550 (2 years old - the radio that is.....) has lines and colums disapear after the radio warms up from talking. He called Mot, and they admitted that the 1550's have a display problem and would cover it under warrenty.

I've seen other 1550's LCD display loose thier contrast - making it almost impossable to read the display.
maxjam

Post by maxjam »

I though I would escape the problem, but mine just started missing lines also. Good thing, warranty was expiring so it just went on the the UPS truck today to Texas. I sure hope I get a XTS5000 back to replace it! :P
giguchan
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: CDM 1550's UHF/VHF HT1550'S

Post by giguchan »

Hmmmm
I hope to get a few of these.. i saw one on ebay for 1K i think he was out of line but oh well..
I don't need the digital features of the more higher end radios but if that is the going price still(which i doubt) i might as well get a few of them...
Gig
Radios by Fisher-Price? Never!!!
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

$1000 for an HT1550XLS? Was it used? That's damn near full brand new retail pricing.

Sure hope it came with a FPP battery and convertacom!
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

Hello,
ACTUALY, it did come with a red label battery, a reg battery, spkr mic, and case... and i think a charger too... but i still thought that was expensive The local moto 2 way shop has em brand new just as you would get it from Moto for way under $800
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
akardam

Post by akardam »

Anybody have the SRN # and text for this?
wkr518

Re: HT1550XLS DISPLAY

Post by wkr518 »

KDN wrote:We have about 100 of these in the fleet and our local dealer said that there is a Motorola bulletin on the displays reguarding them fading, and totally dropping.
Anyone have any more information???
Seen a bulletin for a batch of HT1550XLS ( all bands) where the displays faded out or rows and columns were dropped.
SRN1502A was the bulletin referenced.It is a year old almost now from posting.

If I find more info will post it here.

Wayne
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

hope they will get it all sorted out.... was supposed to buy a few of them last winter... but other things got in the way.....
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

I believe the issue is already sorted out and only affected radios built before a certain time period.

Anyhow, the SRN expired on September 1st. I don't know if you can still get the repairs done free of charge, but the SRN was released back in August '05 so there should have been ample time to have any affected units sent in.
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

thanks for the reply.....
I wonder what radio replaced the ht1550xls... it's the nicest radio i have seen in a long time(other than the xts series) I only wish i had a use for all of the digital stuff.. like most of the guys on here... for the plain vanilla variety i like this better than the EX 600....
THANKS.
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

giguchan wrote:thanks for the reply.....
I wonder what radio replaced the ht1550xls... it's the nicest radio i have seen in a long time(other than the xts series) I only wish i had a use for all of the digital stuff.. like most of the guys on here... for the plain vanilla variety i like this better than the EX 600....
THANKS.
Not sure if I am reading you correctly,but the HT1550XLS is still available.In fact just filled an order for 70 of them for local Medical Centers LTR system.We had the display problems with them in 04.They were all cycled through factory for repairs.Not a problem since then.
Wayne
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Yup, HT1550XLS is still the bread and butter of the professional line.
giguchan

Post by giguchan »

Hello all,
OK. I was just curious to see if it was still current.. I thought it was an older radio. I have a few $$ coming soon... and that will be the radio i choose...
thanks.
I use /\/\otorola!!
Cheers
73, de'N2GIG

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”