Part number for replacement AS3 case?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Part number for replacement AS3 case?

Post by batdude »

I had NHN6544, that's coming back invalid...

anyone?

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
RESCUE161
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Too many!

Post by RESCUE161 »

REX1103A $119.85
ASTRO HSNG III REPLACEMENT KIT
Scott
KE4FHH
Religion: Kills folks dead!
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Post by batdude »

thank you sir

and FYI - still available... !

get em whileu can

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
redbeard
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Yaesu

Post by redbeard »

I have a couple on the way, but have had button problems with the first one. Seems to be an alignment issue with the rubber plunger not hitting the dots. Had to loosen the bottom screws and fiddle with it to make it work. Let us know if you have any issues. This is all latest rev front covers and overlays too.
Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.
0rlando

Post by 0rlando »

Interesting. I bought three AS3 cases a few months back and had button issue with 1 case, it happened to be the "home" button that would not trigger.
I was thinking of sending it back to Motorola for replacement. I did not think you could fiddle with the alignment.

I'll see what motorola says first before I try to align.

Thanks,
Orlando
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

A friend of mine also has a brand new ASIII case who's buttons don't work very well. You have to use a LOT of pressure on them. I wonder what changed.
bwigg

Post by bwigg »

I have been having the same problem with two of my cases also. It's a real problem to pay so much for the cases and they do not work correctly.
redbeard
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Yaesu

Post by redbeard »

Just got two new cases. One is installed and working fine so far. Maybe there was a bad run of them...
Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.
bwigg

Post by bwigg »

I have been having the same problem as you since May when I ordered my new cases. I called customer service and had a long talk with the guys at Motorola. They were very helpful, but unaware of any problem with the cases. They are shipping me two new cases today under warranty. They are going to examine my cases when I return them. I will see next week if thay work any better. Fingers crossed!
bwigg

Post by bwigg »

BTW, the boxes my cases came in are dated 1/13/06. I will have to see what the date on the new cases are when they arrive next week.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”