OT: Motorola Ringtone Composer??

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

OT: Motorola Ringtone Composer??

Post by kb0nly »

Hey, at least its a Moto!

W315

Anyone know of some websites that have ringtones for it that can be entered with the composer? I used to have a Nokia at one time that let you do that, but i haven't found any sources of material for it on the net yet and the user manual didn't even mention the function being in the phone.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

You can use Motorola Phone Tools, and within the CPS there is Multimedia Studio that you can do all sorts of stuff with ringtones. As far as composer, I haven't seen a recent Mot phone with that feature. however it's worth hacking your phone and see what they disabled it from the factory. My L7 had TONS of ringtones, and features/functions disabled from the factory. Now I just have to figure out how to use the built in answering machine feature I unlocked :roll:
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

This phone has a ringtone composer when i got it, under alerts, sounds, create new tone, it brings up what it calls the ringtone composer.

I didn't know the phone even had it till i started playing around with it.

Nice phone by the way, not bad for the dealer freebie of the month from Midwest Wireless up here.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

motorola phone tools is less than $40 if i remember right when i got mine and it comes with a couple programming cables. and you don't have to fill out any paperwork and sign your life away. very easy to use, you can drag n drop almost everything, even phone contacts from outlook.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Pimpala03
What radios do you own?: M1225, HT100, P1225, etc

Post by Pimpala03 »

I don't know if it's the same Ringtone composer or not that used to be on the old V60i/x phones but, I made one one time that sounds like a Quickcall dual tone then the rapid beeping like a pager. I'd gve you the code but that phone is far from alive.
In God we trust. Everyone else, we run through NCIC, Thinkstream, and III.
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

I will have to check out the phone tools then, that sounds neat.

Darn, i wish you could get that ringtone you made, that would be kinda cool to have on there.

Hey, come to think of it i do have some phone software on the laptop already.

Does anyone know if the usb cable motorola shows for this phone is a standard mini usb cable like a digital camera and other devices use?

I got a half dozen of them around.

HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

if your phone has a usb port on it like the razr or blackberry you need a "usb a to mini b" cable.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

Ok, its all hooked up and running now. I used my Sony mini usb cable and an old copy of MPT that i had let me update to the latest version 4 point something.

So that's all done and i played around with the contacts list and stuff.

But of all things i wanted to use the Multimedia Studio says its not available because something else is in use, etc.

I tried rebooting and restarting the connection, turning the phone on and off, etc. Nothing lets me use the MS. From what i read on the web Verizon users had this problem with some models because it was disabled in the phone for some reason. Looks like my W315 from Midwest Wireless has the same curse, its been disabled in the phone and the software cant do anything with it.

Neat that it can be charged from the USB port on a computer though, that will come in handy, i can have it plugged into the laptop in the hotel room on vacation instead of bringing yet another power cord with.

Vcom

Post by Vcom »

kb0nly wrote:Nice phone by the way, not bad for the dealer freebie of the month from Midwest Wireless up here.
psssst, Scott, it's now Alltel.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Scott - Poke around howard forums. I know to get some of the multimedia stuff to work on the e815 (verizon and alltel) you had to change something so that the phone would be seen as an e815m (multimedia) and therefore would be able to access those features.

I don't know if I've seen ringtone composer in MPT though. If your a reseller, you can get MPT and a data cable for like $17.

-Alex
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

Yes, Midwest Wireless was bought by Alltel, HOWEVER where i live Midwest is an entirely seperate entity. If you have an Alltel account and phone you CAN NOT roam off the Midwest tower that is literally within view of my house. Alltel customers use the tower seven miles away in Lake Benton MN.

I went and signed up with Midwest and i was told they will remain a seperate entity, Alltel bought them but doesn't plan to integrate them into their other companies. So Midwest is kind of a subsidiary of Alltel now.

Either way, i had to switch to get a signal!

I have been poking around the web since last night, nobody knows how to enable it on the W315. I read plenty of articles about how to get around it on other models that Verizon locked out. But nothing for this model yet.

maxjam

Post by maxjam »

Yea and now Unicel bought the A side so that Alltel met the divestiture requirement. It is getting hard to keep track of who owns what around here.
kb0nly

Post by kb0nly »

Yeah i hear ya there.

There is some people here that still think they are CellularOne because they get a grandfathered bill that doesn't show Alltel on it. When they got bought i was out of contract, so they offered new phones, a cheaper monthly bill, etc.. As long as i signed a new contract. Of course like an idiot i went for it, but at the time it was fine. Then the signal went downhill and you couldn't hardly place a call, and if you did it dropped out two or three times while you were trying to talk after the person said hi on the other end. Beep.. Lost Call..

There used to be some other companies around here as well, but they have been bought or pushed out, etc.

So it goes in the Telecom industry. Our landline phone company here has also been so many names over the years i should make the check out to "whom it may concern" to get the payment out.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”