XTL25000 Fail 09/10 Secure board missing or not installed

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RailroadTech

XTL25000 Fail 09/10 Secure board missing or not installed

Post by RailroadTech »

XTL25000 Fail 09/10 Secure board missing or not installed so I get the radio back from Mexico with the note codeplug corrupt program from scratch?

Hopeless I sent the XTL2500 down with a note saying the radio has a secure issue, Fail 09/10 and the first thing they do is turn off the secure hardware and say look no more failure code issue fixed !!!!

Any way I get the radio back, I read the radio go the Secure tab, enabled the Secure hardware and program the radio. The radio responds with Please Wait then Fail 09/10 !!!

I opened the radio make sure the Secure board is inserted and inserted correctly, I bought a new Secure board for the radio and I still get Fail 09/10.

Anybody have any ideas ?
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Send it back!!
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Yet another in an increasingly long list of improper radio repairs coming back from the under trained, overworked people in the Mexico depot:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=63509

Send it back & get it repaired correctly, as they have a 90-day warranty on their "repairs".

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Yup... isn't MexiMoto great? Keep sending it back till it gets fixed.

Then, next time you buy a radio, think long and hard about whether something like a Kenwood TK-5710 would do the job for you just as well.
RocketNJ

Post by RocketNJ »

OK, had the same issue and the stupid outsourced depot did the same thing to me. Even sent the radio back with someone else's secure module and interface board installed. How do I know? There was a handwritten label on the bottom written in Spanish which translated to "this module belongs to radio serial number...."

Back to the solution. The XTL2500 uses a different encryption interface board than the XTL5000 with Astro Spectra style head. The sales catalog and parts ID have the incorrect part listed. I had to finally get someone in the product group to get us the right part number, then it was another 6 weeks to get them from Motorola.

I can get you the correct part number Monday when I get back to the office.

PM me with your email address if you like.
RailroadTech

Post by RailroadTech »

Thanks RocketNJ... I sent the radio back with a nice long note.

You can not troubleshoot a radio for a secure issue if you disable secure hardware in the codeplug.

Maybe I should of tried to add a Spanish translation too :-? but I will see what happens.
RocketNJ

Post by RocketNJ »

Call your CSM. Tell them that the depot did not test encryption before shipping the radio. Tell them this is unacceptable. The only way this will ever get fixed is if customers complain LOUDLY.

I've got an XTS2500 encrypted portable there for the third time. GOt it back initially and couldn't read codeplug (corrupted). Got it back second time but they replaced hardware and sent non-encrypted radio back (I was pissed). Now they are awaiting the hardware encryption module.

Going to tell Moto to replace the radio under their Plan-X defect process.
RocketNJ

Post by RocketNJ »

To finish off this thread, the part number originally listed for the encryption interface board is HLN6876D, which is incorrect for the 05 control heads.

The correct part number for the encryption interface board for use with the 05 heads is HLN6918B.

That will resolve the 09/10 error.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”