Flashport questions

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

libuff

Flashport questions

Post by libuff »

the message board is VERY informative, and i spent a whole night at work reading the primer... i have a question which still seems unanswered...

i have seen a radio with the following flashport: 550008-080400-4

which decodes to:
Q806/G806 IMBE / APCO-25 Digital Operation
H14/G114 Digital ID Display
H101,G101,H169 Conventional Repeater Access (Analog Operation Only)(MDC1200 or Singletone)
H868/W969 Multikey Operation
H38/G51 Smartzone Operation
Q351 MODAT Operation
Q173/G173 Smartzone OmniLink Operation

so heres the question... i wanted to make sure it DOES do analog... dumb question, since it has the Conventional Repeater Access (ANALOG) feature, and MODAT which i am almost 100% sure is analog. BUT i just want to make sure...

also would it have Multikey if it didn't have a encryption board?

thx all!
akardam

Post by akardam »

Any radio out there with a flashcode is at minimum going to be Analog/Conventional capable. Then, depending on flashcode options and firmware, you may have Digital operation and/or Trunking operation.

The radio would have included an encryption board from the factory if it was ordered with Multikey. However, that doesn't mean that the board didn't get removed at some point.
libuff

Post by libuff »

is there any way to figure out if the radio has the proper encryption equipment is still installed without opening the case?
RocketNJ

Post by RocketNJ »

if the radio has a display turn the radio on and hit the bottom side button 5 times. It will go into service mode. It will read out the encryption EMC version and show the algorhythms installed.
akardam

Post by akardam »

If the radio's codeplug has secure enabled, and it is not giving a 09/10 error on startup, then it has a module of some sort installed. To determine what algo's are loaded, press the bottom side button 5 times within 10 seconds of turning on the radio, which will put the radio into service mode, and examine the ECM firmware revision (e.g. ECM v3.43) and keygroup (KG) values (e.g. KG1 OFB, KG2 DES, KG3 NONE).

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”