Spectra Fail 01/82

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jongage
What radios do you own?: Alot of old Motorolas

Spectra Fail 01/82

Post by Jongage »

Ok after the saga of getting the laptop to read the radio. I attempted to program the codeplug. Everything went ok, the RSS completed the process however the radio has the fail code of a bad codeplug....aggggggggggggggggggg. I have read the ways to fit this in the model specific forum....had anyone personally tryed them with success???

-Jon
olepro1

Re: Spectra Fail 01/82

Post by olepro1 »

yep, read the radio, then without doing anything else write right back to the radio. the fail should be gone and everything is normal. olepro
Einstein

Re: Spectra Fail 01/82

Post by Einstein »

I have had several XTS 5000's that took 4 or 5 attempts to load the codeplug back in and remove the fail code. Even switching from serial to USB cable helped my situation for 2 of the radios. Try more than once to load the code plug, disconnect the cable to break the connection, and turn the radio on and off between each programming attempt.
Make sure the software has stopped the programming stage completely before removing the cable, since this is also a major problem which results in this error.

Return to “Radio Programming”