Radius 216 problems!

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SPVFD47
What radios do you own?: HT1550, HT1250, MT2000, HT1000

Radius 216 problems!

Post by SPVFD47 »

I'm having problems with a Radius 216. I tried to read the radio with the Maxtrac R6 RSS and couldn't. I then tried to read it with the Maxtrac LAB RSS and was successful. It came up as a Radius M214, which is what I thought it was at first. I changed the freq's that I needed to and copied the codeplug back to the radio. Now it seems to be operating a bit goofy. I will only key up for a second or two and if you hold the ptt button longer the display starts to do some whacky stuff. I thought the M214's and M216's were the same but I guess not ? I'm also guessing I'll need to get a fresh code plug, even though I have the original code plug saved in the Maxtrac lab. If anyone knows whats going on I would appreciate the help. I've programmed a few GM300's and other Maxtrac's but the 2 or 3 Radius's I've done I've always ran into problems. I'm more knowledgable and prefer the JEDI series of radios.

The model number is D43LRA7PA5BK.

TIA
Doug
Will

Re: Radius 216 problems!

Post by Will »

You need radmbl.exe the Radius Mobile RSS. You need the later version too for the 216.

Using the Maxlab will screw up the Radius as these were special signaling radios.
SPVFD47
What radios do you own?: HT1550, HT1250, MT2000, HT1000

Re: Radius 216 problems!

Post by SPVFD47 »

Is there anyway to fix this ? Whats the latest verson of RADMBL ?

Return to “Radio Programming”