AS3 Host & DSP upgrade

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

f1shs

AS3 Host & DSP upgrade

Post by f1shs »

I 've tree radios AS3 and i want to upgrade them to the lastest host and dsp revision. The serial number are the same for all.

Those tree radios are :

Radio A:
Host 03.32.00.00
DSP N05.01.03
FlashCode 591008-4F1E00-9

Radio B:
Host 03.20.01.00
DSP I05.00.18

Radio C:
Host 05.60.00.00
DSP A06.05.02

If i send them to a motorola dealer, do i have an issue ? what could be the best way to upgrade them ? What could be the price ?

regard's,

Pierre
f1shs

Re: AS3 Host & DSP upgrade

Post by f1shs »

Thanks for your reply akardam ;-)

But what is the issue with this "infamous 4F1E whoreflash" ?

If i order a firmware refresh kit, what do i need for upgrading ? regular RIB or SmartRIB ?

Those radios are IMBE when you read the flascode. Why do i get a VSELP with those HOST & DSP (radio A & B) ? If a do an upgrade with the ordered firmware kit, should i reflash the radios to get the previous flashcode features ? Otherwise, what is the procedure to upgrade those radios to the lastest firmware host and dsp and to have IMBE working properly with my XTS3000 (see details of conf in first post) ?

One other question : How is it possible to have tree radios with same serial number ?

Please apologize for any technical confusion. I'm starting with ASTRO and i 've read many thing before starting, but i could have some misunderstanding somewhere.

Best regard's

Pierre
Last edited by f1shs on Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Post by Josh »

What a group of horrible hacked radios you have.

The flash-codes are all the same, but one won't do digital due to the analog DSP, and the other two won't transmit IMBE because they're VSELP DSPs!
f1shs

Post by f1shs »

Thanks you again akardam.

The radios A, B and C are 1 meg as the seller on ebay told in his auction. If this technical info is true, there is a little possibility to upgrade them to IMBE.

But as i understand, i've to send them to the Motorola Depot. And then, no chance to see them again :o

Thanks for all for your time and your answer.

If somebody have an offer for those tree radios ...

regard's

Pierre
Last edited by f1shs on Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
f1shs

Post by f1shs »

A detail : I'm in Paris (France)
Last edited by f1shs on Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

There are people who can fix them for you, if they see this, and are willing, they will contact you, if they haven't already.
f1shs

Post by f1shs »

This post have been moderated and all helfull information have been deleted. too bad ...
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

f1shs wrote:This post have been moderated and all helfull information have been deleted. too bad ...
Actually, it looks like the author deleted their posts for whatever reason, nothing was done on our part.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
f1shs

Post by f1shs »

Ok Alex, that was something i thought also ...

i would like to thank all people here for all the answer i had, even if this answer was deleted. I've now all information to full understand what appened.

I understand now that i've have to upgrade the radio and it could be ok without losing any features. It's only a firmware upgrade, but it only be ok with some expert on this board or somewhere around.

I'm in France (Paris), so i dont know if it could ok. If anybody could help me, he's welcome. Otherwise, i've to find a smartRIB and genuine cable adapter to AS for upgrading the Host / Dsp.

Those tree radio came from ebay, and i was confident when i bought them because the seller had a lot of positiv feedback and he told that it was imbe in his auction. I've lost 1500$.

Those radio have been hacked also (you can check it as you see 4F1E in Flashcode). Those hacked Flashcode have been done by using an illegal software called ASTRO LAB. After dumping codeplug and set all features "on", the radio isn't readable until you get the CPS R05.02.00. In the mean time, the radios hacked with ASTRO LAB have the same s/n, so you will be not able to send it to a MSS to upgrade them.

So becarefull of this guy and please dont do the same error : read carefully the Host and Dsp revision. It should be the highest and be able to transmit IMBE (see other post in this forum).

At this time, i've still no way to upgrade them. Please PM for any other informations.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”