gp300 bug help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

f1uot

gp300 bug help

Post by f1uot »

hello all,

I have a gp300 (p94ypc00D2__), it doesn't work well, when i turned on,the yellow light blinks in slow blink... no Bip, no RX or/and TX.
on the manual, the yellow blink is codplug error but i can read the radio code plug and write a personnal and different codeplug fine with out lost data.

Any idea what happened? Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
Olivier
10-95
Fail 001 "Brain out of Lock"

Post by 10-95 »

Just a thought, but try changing the battery in your rib . I know that sounds strange but I have seen it happen to a few radios. There's a lot of drain on the rib battery during the read/write process.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I'm not in the shop, so I can't give you the IC numbers, but I have repaired several units with similar faults, simply by either resoldering the EEPROM (codeplug IC)...or replacing it.

Todd
f1uot

Post by f1uot »

Hi 10-95 and todd,

thanks for your answers, but,... well not good news,

I haven't testing a new rib, during my first test, i use the simplrib from G1IVG ( with max232), I read the codeplug from an good another radio (same model) and i send by clone function into the bug radio,for next time, I try to use a true Rib an RLN4008B with all full capacity batteries, peharps it will be better. i use all the time the simplrib with successfully on the same radio model.

The cpu is U401 is a 68hcb11 with internal eeprom, so it is difficulte to resoldering the eeprom and th U401 is big CMS with 64 pin...

I control all voltage on all test point on the pcb for example I see the SL point with a tension is at 12V out side of 3-10V...i haven't the test the Lock Det signal...

well I continues some another tests...

at the next time.
bye
Olivier
Best regards, 73's
Olivier from PARIS (FRANCE)
April

Post by April »

Sounds like the wrong frequency range or wrong frequency entered in RSS as the VCO is out of lock range.
f1uot

re : bug gp300

Post by f1uot »

hi all,

Yes, i think the symthe+vco is not lock because outside of the range (sl Point is not in 3-10V) but I don't know if the cpu has send control command into the symthe.
So, i try to programme some frequencies into 403-470 to know if the value at SL point is different but the radio is 438-470 and the final use is 430-440 (europ ham band)
I try in few year old to test the down limit of the vco in outside range but i not remember the light and sound alarm.

another question how the radio give infomation if one chip is dead?

73's
Olivier

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”