Programming MT-2000 in Win2k and XP?

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

925adam
New User

Programming MT-2000 in Win2k and XP?

Post by 925adam »

I am using RVN4097V V r.06.08.00 in my old DOS computer to program my fleet of 48-channel MT-2000s. This DOS computer, RSS and previous versions of DOS-bsed RSS have always worked fine.... and I'm not touching them.

I need to be able to put this RSS into some Windows 2000 and Windows XP computers.
I've tried it on one Win2K computer and get comm error messages when trying to read a radio.

Does anyone know ways to make this DOS RSS in a Win2k or XP machine communicate properly with the RIB and MT2000?

Thanks,
925adam
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Re: Programming MT-2000 in Win2k and XP?

Post by thebigphish »

What you need to do is keep booting DOS, and using them in the environment they are designed for. That RSS requires REAL DOS, not some poorly emulated bastardization of it. Keep a couple of DOS bootdisks around, or do like i did and create a bootable CD with drivers, RSS, and blank codeplugs on it for my antiques and use that when the need arises. WinXP & 2K do not provide a true DOS environment in that window, no matter how hard you try.

Unfortunately, that is the way it goes.

Search around here for millions of similar issues, and some of the workarounds.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”