IWCE EXPO

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Einstein

IWCE EXPO

Post by Einstein »

Who going to the IWCE EXPO in Las Vegas, February.
wavetar
Administrator

Re: IWCE EXPO

Post by wavetar »

I'm there from the 23rd to the 29th, attending IWCE as well as the Motorola show. Staying at the Wynn!

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Same, I'll be there for the dealer convention, IWCE and the annual Cactus meeting
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

I will be going out there as well with some local folks who go every year. We'll have to meet up.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
Einstein

Post by Einstein »

What about meeting at the Motorola booth either Wed. or Thur. Someone suggest a good time.
alex wrote:I will be going out there as well with some local folks who go every year. We'll have to meet up.

-Alex
Mikey
What radios do you own?: CDM1550 LS+, HT1250, MCS2000

Post by Mikey »

I'll be there, this will be my first year that i get to Go :-)
SmackDaddy

Post by SmackDaddy »

Hi Guys,

I will be attending the Dealer show as well as IWCE. Staying at the Wynn as well. Looking forward to bumping into some of the fellow batlabbers.

Cheers
SD.
Zaputil

Post by Zaputil »

I'll be there for the Channel Partner Expo at the Wynn as well as IWCE.
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation
What radios do you own?: iPhone, Blackberry, HT220

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

Hello all fellow labbers.

I will be in booth #770 this year exhibiting the various aspects of our platform. We will also formally debut our new software based 2 way radios that talk anywhere in the world and back to legacy radios seamlessly. Please stop by and say hello. Everybody who goes and mentions the code "batlabs" will receive a free SiteCAST RoIP link and software to join their legacy radios to the cloud. We did this at IWCE 2006 and Wavetar was there.

Steve
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Yep, I stopped by Critical RF's booth 2 years ago & met Steve. Careful what you promise Steve, you might get a hundred batlabbers dropping by looking for their SiteCAST box!

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

wavetar wrote:Yep, I stopped by Critical RF's booth 2 years ago & met Steve. Careful what you promise Steve, you might get a hundred batlabbers dropping by looking for their SiteCAST box!

Todd
Yeah, I may finally get a chance to chat with Steve about his product...

-Alex
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

Alex,

There are lots of different products to talk about when you get there. Everything from being able to link an unlimited amount of simplex, repeater or trunked talkgroups with ordinary PCs (SiteCAST), to backhauling/linking entire systems and all controller sub-signaling for primary or backup (PackeTUBE). The PackeTUBE platform works on all systems including smartzone, AMSS, MPT1327, PassPORT, AMPS, Muli-NET, and 1G/2G radiotelephone systems and iDEN systems to the MTSO/switch/other sites with controllers entirely over the internet from Satellite, DSL, WiFI, CBL, BPL, EDGE, EVDO, WiMAX . It reducing operating expenditures too much to talk about. This is what we do on the site linking side of the house.

As usual we have our virtual remote/lite console app that runs on any PC and is still just $99 per user. It will let you talk to legacy FM and non-IP Digital radios or other PC's or PDA's/EDA's unifying the enterprise through affordable software.

Also a new line of mobile device software radios debuts this year that runs on anything at these websites:

-->http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/ ... fault.mspx

and these

-->http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/ ... fault.mspx

They will turn your rugged or consumer mobile into a IP 2-way radio allowing you to talk to others in your enterprise anywhere in the world on any carrier with our software, or others in your enterprise on legacy radios with the SiteCAST or SafetyNET module or on a PC , laptop or UMPC.

I will make sure to bring more SiteCAST this time for everybody.

Steve
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

I'll be there again this year. Decided to stay at the MGM, but will be a good time anyway. It will be interesting to see any new products on the IP stuff. It seemed as though last year every other booth offered some form of IP based units.
KB2ZTX
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

IP is a broad word. Most do not work over the public internet, rather private networks (more expensive than a leased circuit) and use UDP which is designed for consumers/ adopted ot radios rather than designed from the ground up .We have been there the last (3) years. This year we introduce our new Internet walkie talkies "iWalkie". Bring a Windows Mobile PDA or iPhone and you will get a free demo copy to load on your device. They will let you talk like a 2 way radio all over the world and back to your Motorola's equipped with a SiteCAST box as long as you are in cellular (GPRS, EGDE, EVDO, 1XRTT) or WiFi/WiMax coverage. They are also carrier neutral. Booth #770. I have said enough. Just look for Segways with signs on the front and follow those guys.

Steve
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

/\/\y 2 cents wrote:Just look for Segways with signs on the front and follow those guys
Do we get to ride on the segways too? :)
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

If you don't break it.

There will be a mandatory sobriety test required before zipping around ;

Steve
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

If your going to dinner tonight (you should know which one) drop me a PM...
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Post by batdude »

i hope motorola reads this.

i am IMMENSELY DISAPPOINTED in your display at IWCE.

You have EMBARRASSED THE COMPANY NAME.

Do me a favor next year - BE SURE YOU BRING PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE PRODUCTS YOU ARE DISPLAYING.

Every other vendor at the show brought at least ONE PERSON who knew everything what the hell they were selling.

The EFJ P25 VOIP repeater and sales guys.... awesome.

The Tyco/MA-COM booth - staffed with knowledgeable people ready and eager to discuss their technology.

The Thales multi-band HT - a HIT.

Your display, A SWING AND A MISS.

Who in their right mind would be impressed with a table scattered with speaker mics and surveillance accessories?

Who would be impressed with sales guys who can't explain TMS over P25?

I think Yaesu should have bought M's product line - and the name... they would have brought more honor to the batwing logo than the group of IDIOTS that you brought.

whoever coordinated/trained/put together your show for IWCE should be at the chopping block on monday.

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Be on the lookout for the new PRD3500 as well.....!
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

I hope everybody liked our efforts. Meager yet effective. If you received a SiteCAST box please email or PM me for pin outs.

Thanks,

Steve
/\/\y 2 cents
On Moderation

Post by /\/\y 2 cents »

Guys,

Need an opinion.

I was thinking about landing at IWCE and going to our booth next year with one of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gcurwcPs3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THEcWrznicY

Do you guys think this would be a hit or a miss?

Steve
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

I am sure it will bring all kinds of attention. Although, considering the number of guys from three letter agencies in attendance I don't think it's the kind of attention you'd be looking for 8) :lol:

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”