MDC Listing

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KDN

MDC Listing

Post by KDN »

I am currently working to reassign the MDC's for my county's 911 center.... I was wondering if anyone has a complete list or knows where I can find a complete list of all possible sequences of numbers include hex that are able to be used...

Any help is welcomed...

Thanks
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: MDC Listing

Post by HLA »

most that i deal with go by a badge number.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

From Pro series CPS Help file...

Note: All four digits must be defined.

Minimum = 0001 (Hex)
Maximum = DEEE (Hex)

Hope this helps, and like HLA said, most places use badge number so they can tell by a glance who is talking.
KDN

Post by KDN »

Yes, badge number is helpful but when you have a 911 center that dispatches 110 police departments, 213 fire departments and 74 ems agencies, you have no choice but to start at 0001 and go to deee.....

Thanks for the help so far guys....

Does anyone have a list with all of the numbers in an excel spreadsheet.... Excel doesn't like to count in hex...

Thanks
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

There will be around 57000 values. You might try using the DEC2HEX function, I'm not sure if it works the same way in excel, but in open office calc I can put a 1 in a cell, let's say A1, then drag down from that cell to make a list of numbers. Then I can put a formula in cell B1, DEC2HEX(A1; 4) and drag it down to the cells below, this gives me the hex equivalents. In excel I believe it uses a comma instead of a semicolon, so it would be DEC2HEX(A1, 4), the 4 is the number of digits you want in the hex numbers. Like I said, I'm not an excel user, so I can't guarantee it will work.
deznetwork

Post by deznetwork »

Im feeling like a nice guy tonight....

So here is an excel sheet with hex 0001 - DEEE http://fire-dept.org/~drein00/hex_list.xls

**EDIT**
This is the second list I created without F's in the ids (Which I now know are not valid).
http://fire-dept.org/~drein00/hex_list2.xls

Later
Last edited by deznetwork on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
libuff

Post by libuff »

47250 is D*E*E*E
libuff

Post by libuff »

deznetwork wrote:Im feeling like a nice guy tonight....

So here is an excel sheet with hex 0001 - DEEE http://fire-dept.org/~drein00/hex_list.xls

Later

problem with this list, is that it includes F in MANY of the id's... you CANNOT use F in any digit, or E in the first digit.
RKG

Post by RKG »

KDN wrote:I am currently working to reassign the MDC's for my county's 911 center.... I was wondering if anyone has a complete list or knows where I can find a complete list of all possible sequences of numbers include hex that are able to be used...

Any help is welcomed...

Thanks
The Motorola MDC rules are as follows:

4-digit hex numbers.

Low end: 0001h (0000h is not permitted).

High end: DEEEh.

May not have E or F as the first digit and may not have F in any digit. (E as the first digit signifies a group command, addressed to "secondary" IDs, and an F in any digit is a wildcard for outbound MDC commands.)

Result is a total of 47,249 possible IDs. (14 x 15 ^ 3 -1 = 47,249.)

There seem to be three approaches to numbering schemes:

A) Adopt some other ID scheme, such as badge numbers, fender numbers, or the like. The trouble with this is that the adopted system is usually decimal values only, which limits you to 9999 possible values (i.e., wastes 80% of possible values). Also, such a system does not accomodate users who don't have "badges" "cruisers" or whatever the other system is based on.

B) A tiered "significant digit" system; e.g.: some FDs I know use:

First Digit is user type (1=Command, 2=engines, 3=ladders, 4=rescues, 5=other sworn, 6=other unsworn);
Second Digit is Co. number;
Third and Fourth Digits are serial. For instance, "2303" would be the third radio assigned to Engine 3 (which would be the officer's portable). This type of system is used when aliasing is not available, and it permits some logical deciphering in the field. The disadvantage is that, at least for the frst two digits, it is also limited to fewer than all possible values.

C) Non-structured; that is, IDs are passed out on a "next available" basis, which works just fine if aliasing is available, maximizes the number of IDs available, and avoids trying to pre-engineer a scheme that will deal with all future contingencies.
libuff

Post by libuff »

forgot the 0000h.. you are correct :)
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

most consoles will let you put alliasis for ID

here what the city did was each non police/Fd agency got the same first 2 digits

example 50xx is city yard/hightway
5011 is truck 11H
52xx water dept
and so on
deznetwork

Post by deznetwork »

Ok the first list was just 0001h - DEEEh. I did not realize you could not have a F in any ID.
So this new list is 0001h - DEEE and none of the IDs have a F.

Question when you say no ID can start with E or F, is 0E00 valid? This list includes those.

Dylan
libuff

Post by libuff »

deznetwork wrote:Ok the first list was just 0001h - DEEEh. I did not realize you could not have a F in any ID.
So this new list is 0001h - DEEE and none of the IDs have a F.

Question when you say no ID can start with E or F, is 0E00 valid? This list includes those.

Dylan

Dylan, the "F" in any position indicates a wildcard.. the E in the first digit indicates a GROUP. but E in pos 2,3,4 is ok..

this new list looks EXCELLENT, and i am planning on utilizing it... excellent job! and it calculates to exactly the right number of rows.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

You can have a lot of fun using the MDC call-alert function and the FFFF ID :lol:
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

Until the user goes to page again, and sees it was your ID... which in that case you should have properly been using the MDC ID pers. B00B or 0001.... :-)
FD622

Post by FD622 »

KDN wrote:Yes, badge number is helpful but when you have a 911 center that dispatches 110 police departments, 213 fire departments and 74 ems agencies, you have no choice but to start at 0001 and go to deee.....

Thanks for the help so far guys....

Does anyone have a list with all of the numbers in an excel spreadsheet.... Excel doesn't like to count in hex...

Thanks
Your center sounds very similar to the one that's in my area as far as the number of agencies it serves. What if you assigned a group of 50 ID's to each agency (fire, EMS, Police), starting at 0001, then determine how base, mobile and portable units are designated across the board? (example: the 1st 5 ID's of an agencies' group would be assigned to base radios , the next 15 would be for mobile units, and the remaining 30 for portable units)

213 Fire department x 50 ID's each=10,650 total
110 Police Departments x 50 ID's each=5,500 total
74 EMS agencies x 50 ID's each=3,700 total

==19,850 ID's altogether
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Rayjk110 wrote:Until the user goes to page again, and sees it was your ID... which in that case you should have properly been using the MDC ID pers. B00B or 0001.... :-)
Of course, or perhaps someone else's ID! :lol:
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

DEAD works too. Police chief got a chuckle out of that when his portable showed up on the console as IDEAD.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Hmm. I seem to recall that mysterious DEAD ID showing up on my console the last time N-E-E-D mounted their assault on my office. :lol:
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:

RKG

Post by RKG »

Good memory. We should do that again. (Listening Alex?)
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

I see DEAD on the screen and I'm thinking "WTF is this". I hear an alarm beeping, I look up at the CCTV monitors and see the N-E-E-D forward command unit and urban assault battle group rounding the building.
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”