CDM1250 auto Home channel

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jay G.
Batboard $upporter

CDM1250 auto Home channel

Post by Jay G. »

CDM1250 UHF - Is it possible that ANY time the radio is powered up to have it revert to channel XX?? My brain surgeons keep changing channels to listen to other FD's and then never switch it back. Then they wonder why dispatcher cant hear them.

thanks!
Jay Goldmark, EMT
Ex-Captain, Woodmere Vol. Fire Dept.
Fire District Communications Supv.
KC2ZHI Amateur Radio Operator
Licensed Master Electrician
Owner, Top Class Electric, LLC.
Woodmere, Long Island, NY

"Enjoy Life, it's not a dress rehearsal !!!"

wavetar
Administrator

Re: CDM1250 auto Home channel

Post by wavetar »

Not that I'm aware of...haven't seen it in the CPS. Closest you can get is programming the "home" button on the front of the radio. I suppose if one were motivated, you could do some surgery & rig that up with a momentary relay which activates a few seconds after ignition to force the radio to the home channel. Seems like a lot of work to solve a "skinware" issue.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”