Using CPS XTS3000 to program trunking

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Motoman
What radios do you own?: XTS3000 III, MTS2000 III,

Using CPS XTS3000 to program trunking

Post by Motoman »

Ok i finally got my hands on the CPS for XTS3000. However it's trunking programming boggles the mind. I don't understand about the system range where you put in the band steps then put in a start and finish frequncies so start is lower than finish. The only way i can get it to work is to put in both the same, if i don't i red i comes up on the tab and i get a prohibited sign when i mouse over it. Also the OBT control channels i can't change i'll assume there the system control frequncies, how do i set them? I know your all going to ask if i have a system key. I don't i just want to moniter and i've researched and found away that other people say seems to work, i've done those steps but i can't program in the correct frequncies, nor can i find how to put in the TGIDs. Cheers
Motoman at your service!
xmo

Re: Using CPS XTS3000 to program trunking

Post by xmo »

"...I know your all going to ask if i have a system key. I don't i just want to moniter ..."

The CPS won't let you program trunking information without a system key - it doesn't matter that all you want to do is monitor.

"...i've researched and found away that other people say seems to work..."

Then you probably need to ask those "other people" how they made it work.

Return to “Radio Programming”