Another MW520 question "harddrive"

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MyoungARC

Another MW520 question "harddrive"

Post by MyoungARC »

I recently needed to restore my harddrive with norton ghost, b/c it wasnt booting properly, it would freeze short after starting windows. After my restore using norton the computer now will not even go into windows. The computer does not say, "no operating system found" it just blinks a cursor on the screen. All the files are still on there still, but it wont boot now. My question is if I put a new fresh 2000 pro OS on the hard drive. will I be able to have the onboard GPS and other fancy things that came with it. I have the WINNT files for the MW found around here, but was unsure if that would solve all my problems, also I really like Txmessenger as a note pad and dont want to lose that, so any ideas or comment would be greatly appreciated.
ScannerDan

Re: Another MW520 question "harddrive"

Post by ScannerDan »

Can you try the ghost restore again???

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”