xtva screws size or part number

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jay
Batboard $upporter

xtva screws size or part number

Post by Jay »

I have an XTVA/bracket etc but no screws to attach the bracket to the actual XTVA unit. I imagine they are thumb screws. Does anyone have a part number or just the correct size? Thanks.

Jay
fineshot1

Re: xtva screws size or part number

Post by fineshot1 »

I have installed many xtva's and can not find in the install doc(68P81088C76-B) any reference to these screws.
They are not thumb screws but are round head screws that require an allen wrench to tighten them down.
fineshot1
NJ USA
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

thanks....

anyone else have any info?

Jay
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

I'm bringing this topic (and project) back to life. Going to install this XTVA soon, but still looking for the size/part numbers of these mounting screws. Anybody have any info, or have a pair?

Jay
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Why not take the unit to Lowe's or Home Depot and find the proper thread size and length by trial and error? I do this all the time, especially where metric threads are involved.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

Tom, i've been doing just that here in my shop to no avail. I've been trying to avoid what you mentioned, but it would likely work.
W4KRR
What radios do you own?: XTS3000's; XTS2500's; many sca

Post by W4KRR »

Jay wrote:Tom, i've been doing just that here in my shop to no avail. I've been trying to avoid what you mentioned, but it would likely work.
Jay, if it isn't too late, try 10-32 machine screws, 3/4 inch long. This is what I used, and they were the closest thing I could find. I just hope they aren't metric!
Ken, W4KRR

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”