Spectra mics

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kitty
New User

Spectra mics

Post by kitty »

Can anyone tell me how to use an old motrac mic with a Spectra? Pinouts?
Will

Re: Spectra mics

Post by Will »

The Motorola mobile mics have been the same for many years as far as the microphone output, but the cord is different.
So you would need a mic cord from a Spectra to put on your older mic.
kitty
New User

Post by kitty »

So are the colors the same? What do I do with the extra wires? Do they need to be hooked up too?
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

kitty wrote:Can anyone tell me how to use an old motrac mic with a Spectra? Pinouts?
Out of curiosity, is there a reason that you wouldn't just use a Spectra mic?
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by txshooter »

Good question, I was wondering the same thing when Spectra markets are so readilly available on the used market for very little money. Certainly far less expensive than my time attempting to modify another mic to work!
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

The only reason I can think of is that the Motrac and Micor mics were avalible in colors, Red, yellow, dark green.
kitty
New User

Post by kitty »

Actually I want to be able to extend the mic away from the head. Yes Spectra mics are easy to find, I have many. I also like to be able to use one of my dark blue mics.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”