IP Site Connect

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FMROB

IP Site Connect

Post by FMROB »

Any one using this or the RDAC yet?

I started playing with it, and so far I can not get RDAC to work via the internet. I can not connect into the repeater.

It appears that the new version of the system planner has some info on it, so off I go to print out 230+ pages.

-Rob
Tinker'r

Re: IP Site Connect

Post by Tinker'r »

I had the same problem (when I was attempting to DO before reading the instructions). Make sure the [RDAC ID#] in not the same as the [Radio ID#] of the repeater. Works great!

Tinker'r
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

Tinkr

At the radio site the radio is connected to a switch. The radio has its own IP address.

What address goes into the repeater in the ethernet and gateway sections.

I would assume the gateway would be 192.168.1.1 and the ethernet IP would be the actual public IP address?

-Rob
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

How about RTFM on the system planner?

I had to, and I have been doing this for 30+ years. The manual explains everything you need to get the system up and running.

The RDAC is the easiest portion, as it works from any computer. I can remote view all the repeaters in a system we installed 300 miles away in a mine from my house or the office.

It is important to understand how UDP, IPV4 and networking in general work before attempting to set these up, especially when you are behind a firewall or using VPN tunneling.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”