cdm 1250 wont recieve during scan

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tcash158

cdm 1250 wont recieve during scan

Post by tcash158 »

I have recently reprogrammed our 6 cdm 1250's and since then they wont recieve during scan on any channel except the priority ch. You can turn to the channel individually and it works fine, all of the PL tones are correct and were never changed during programming anyway. What could be the problem and how do I fix it. Thanks in advance.
jackhackett

Re: cdm 1250 wont recieve during scan

Post by jackhackett »

See what the scan type is set to, I came across this problem a while back and someone had set it to priority only, should be something like "fixed plus priority", I forget exactly what it's called... it's the weekend :)
MassFD
Batboard $upporter

Post by MassFD »

Are all the non priority channels in the scan list??
Cause Motorola said so that's why
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

check if it's set for pl scan or to open only on pl
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

Okay, now that I have CPS in front of me.... look in scan list settings, PL scan type, see if set to "Priority Channel", normally should be "Priority and Non-Priority Channel". Read the help for more info.
Other than that... make sure personalities are all set for the proper scan list, and make sure the right channels are in the list.
If all else fails.. try putting "selected" in the scan list... I've seen that fix problems, not sure exactly why though.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

Jack is correct, the proper selection should be 'priority and non priority' in the scan config menu.

If another setting is showing, that's the reason for the missed calls.

Priority only will bypass everything else.
ten13

Post by ten13 »

[quote="HLA"]If all else fails.. try putting "selected" in the scan list... I've seen that fix problems, not sure exactly why though.[/quote]

That worked for me...!

Return to “Radio Programming”