Logging software

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SonicSounds

Logging software

Post by SonicSounds »

Hello all (again),

Reading the recent post about two-tone decoding software got me thinking about a project of mine that is (still) sitting on the bench waiting for me to finish it. I have a PC with a number of audio inputs and would like to use it to record a few tactical channels. For the sake of argument, lets just say I have the audio from each one of them (4?) channels into the PC. Does anyone know of any software that would record/catalog the audio? I'm just looking for something that doesn't save 12 hours into one WAV file...

Jon
mruwave

Re: Logging software

Post by mruwave »

Investigate this:

http://www.davee.com/scanrec/

I have not used this software, but if it works its pretty cool. Only 2 recording channels though.
SonicSounds

Post by SonicSounds »

It is nice software - I used the free version testing the telephone line audio cards. Works great. If only it did more channels.... I just shot the guy a paypal donation to see if I can get the "pro" version and play around with it. Who knows maybe it will work?

Jon
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Post by kc7gr »

Try this link:

http://www.multichannelrecorder.com/

Quick summary: Record up to 16 channels, VOX or manual control. Works with a variety of sound cards, including specialized multichannel telephony cards such as Dialogic (if you install the Dialogic .WAV driver). Personally, I'm using it with a Dialogic 12-channel analog board. Works great!

Best of all is the price: $60. And free upgrades within minor revisions. The next major release, according to the developer, is going to have web-based remote-control capability.

I would also like to add that Abyss Media has OUTSTANDING customer service! Every single question or problem I've presented to them has been quickly and courteously answered or addressed.

This is diametrically opposite from NCH.com, who can't even be bothered to answer E-mail let alone put out anywhere near a decent product. Overpriced, too, and their registration process treats customers like criminals. Don't ever waste money on them.

Happy recording.
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”