MT1000 scan questions

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W4KRR
What radios do you own?: XTS3000's; XTS2500's; many sca

MT1000 scan questions

Post by W4KRR »

I have a 99 channel MT1000 low band "A" model. Despite searching and reading some old posts on the subject of scanning on the MT1000, I'm still a bit confused.

What is the difference between each of the scan option choices, particularly "Priority PL" and "Non Priority PL"? I want to scan eight channels (I know you can't scan more) and not have the scan stop unless it receives a signal with the matching PL tone. I understand that on the priority channel, it will unmute it regardless of the PL tone, is this correct?

Also, How do you select which channel the priority channel is? I have "Fixed Priority Ch." set to disabled. Is this option unavailable because this is an "A" model?

Thanks!
Ken, W4KRR
Will

Re: MT1000 scan questions

Post by Will »

Ken,

"on the priority channel, it will unmute it regardless of the PL tone, is this correct? "

No, the scan will stop on the Priority channel but will not unmute unless the correct PL or DPL code is detected.

IIRC, there is a setting for Coded squelch scan, which is as above.
W4KRR
What radios do you own?: XTS3000's; XTS2500's; many sca

Post by W4KRR »

I have selected, "Priority PL" and I'm wondering if all the scanned channels are checked for the proper PL before the radio unmutes.
Ken, W4KRR
Will

Post by Will »

W4KRR wrote:I have selected, "Priority PL" and I'm wondering if all the scanned channels are checked for the proper PL before the radio unmutes.

Yes, other channels are checked and if a valid (programmed) PL is detected, then it will unmute.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”