XTS3000 Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jlanef
New User
What radios do you own?: XPR 6550, XPR 4550, radiodity,

XTS3000 Programming

Post by jlanef »

I have USB to Serial cables and 5.00.00 CPS, I can't read the radio. Do you have to put the "radio" into a program or service mode? How??

Txs.
jf
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Re: XTS3000 Programming

Post by Tom in D.C. »

No, you connect the radio, AND THE RIB, and then you read the radio, which must be turned on, of course. I've always used the RIB connected to the computer's serial port, not to a USB port.
Also be sure you're connected to the correct COM port.

Your software is old, by the way. Latest version is in the 5.02 series, maybe 5.03, I'm not sure.

Volumes have been written on this Board about this subject, so doing a Board search might also be helpful.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
Tony.RI
What radios do you own?: HT1k, MT2K, Saber 3, XTS3k

Re: XTS3000 Programming

Post by Tony.RI »

jlanef wrote:I have USB to Serial cables and 5.00.00 CPS, I can't read the radio. Do you have to put the "radio" into a program or service mode? How??

Txs.
jf
What version of Windows do you have? I have CPS 5.02.xx and it worked fine with my USB-to-Serial cables in XP Home SP2 with the default drivers. But now with Vista Home Premium 64-bit, all I get are communications errors with the same cables. The problem is more than likely incompatible drivers. It might be easier to hunt down a cheap computer with a real Serial port and just program it with that, rather than trying to hunt down the problem with the drivers. I had to fix it with my Yaesu programming cable and that was so mindnumbing and tedious that I really don't want to deal with it again...

Now, if you can read the radio, but it says that the codeplug is too new, then you need the latest version of the software.

Return to “Radio Programming”