HT1550 Quick Call II Call Alerting

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

aliby
New User

HT1550 Quick Call II Call Alerting

Post by aliby »

Hello,

The ambulance service I work for uses different QCII combinations for each of the trucks we have. Each truck has two portable radios assigned to it that show "Call Received" when the specific truck's tones go off/the specific truck is dispatched. I would like to program something similar into my personal HT1550.

I already have one pager channel set up for my Fire Department's tones. I figured I could set up something similar for each of the ambulances as well. My thought was to add a separate pager channel for each of the trucks that alerts on that truck's tones. However I couldn't add any more than four QC-II systems in CPS and to do this I'd need at least 6.

Is it even possible to have more than four sets of Quick Call II tones stored within CPS? Or am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks,

-Aliby
akardam

Re: HT1550 Quick Call II Call Alerting

Post by akardam »

Four would seem to be the max.
RKG

Post by RKG »

If it is important to you, take a look at MDC signalling. With a bit of planning and some judicious use of the wildcard character, you can do some interesting things.

Quick example. MDC IDs are 4-digit hex numbers. Let's fix the 1st and 2d digits (from the left) at zero, for future expansion. The third digit will be the ambulance number, with 15 possible values. The fourth digit will be 1 for the truck, 2 for Portable A, 3 for Portable B and 4 for the Company Captain of that rig (with nine other values possible, again for future use).

A Call Alert or SelCall addressed to 0021 goes to the truck radio of Ambulance 2. Addressed to 002F, it goes to the truck radio and all three portables for Ambulance 2. Addressed to 00F1, goes to all truck radios, but no portables. Addressed to 00F4, it goes to all company captains, but not to truck or shift working portables. Addressed to 00FF, it goes to everyone (without even exploring the possibilities of the group call secondary ID system).

And a zillion other possibilities.

Well, not a zillion, perhaps, but a lot.
aliby
New User

Post by aliby »

RKG,

Thanks but I have no control over how they set up dispatch/tone outs. I just have to go with what exists and that's the use of QCII.

Sounds like I'm stuck with the limitation of only being able to program four QC systems into my HT1550. Oh well.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

You can not add any more than those four which you see there. Unless you are the system administrator and are able to change the entire alerting system to MDC1200, or reduce the number of tones, you're beat.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
RKG

Post by RKG »

Correct; I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that the OP was talking about changing system design.
e231

Post by e231 »

none the less guys why not a set up using all 4 available qcII systems and set to the a-b c-d pattern and assign tones to the channels as needed?
xts2500-vhf, uhf
spectra-vhf, uhf

Return to “Radio Programming”