Removing DIUs from a RNC

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WB5ITT
What radios do you own?: Motorola, GE, Kenwood, Yaesu

Removing DIUs from a RNC

Post by WB5ITT »

I am needing to remove two DIUs from my Astro RNC to move to a new location. IF I power down the DIUs, all is ok...when I unplug the DIUs from the CEB, ok...BUT unplug from the RNC??? The watchdog timer fires, restarts the RNC and it will NOT allow a reboot of the RNC. It just stops on a reboot screen; powering off and on doesnt help either...I have tried all software programming steps I can think of and nothing helps.....Anyone have a clue?? This RNC has been running with 3 unplugged DIUs already (we are slowly migrating the circuits to a new RNC location) but one more unplugged seems to take it down HARD......EVEN turn off the DIUs and the RNC is happy...but unplug the cables and all he$$ breaks loose...

(PS: I GUESS I should have posted this under the P25 forum instead!!! Mr Moderator, please move it there; evidently noone in the Infrastructure forum wishes to comment...and I need answers FAST! thanks!)

Thanks!
Chris
Chris WB5ITT
Trustee, W5APX
Beaumont, TX

Motorola, you may find better but you'll never pay more! 😉

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”