W3 keypad DTMF deviation adjustment

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

VE3TUH
What radios do you own?: more than I should...

W3 keypad DTMF deviation adjustment

Post by VE3TUH »

Hi. How does one adjust the deviation of the keypad DTMF on a W3 radio? I see nowhere in RSS to do this, and see no pots on the W3 circuit board. the DTMF tones are max deviation, I need to set them down a bit.

Thanks very much,

Randy
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: W3 keypad DTMF deviation adjustment

Post by Pj »

I've never seen anything in reference to that..as the DTMF is internally generated unlike the older DTMF mics.

Have you benched the whole radio? I'd bet if you realign the whole radio the DTMF will follow suit
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
VE3TUH

Post by VE3TUH »

Yes I have, the radio is 100%, except for the dtmf generated by the keypad. For some reason, it is at the max level of allowed deviation. I figured I must be missing something here.

Randy
VE3TUH

Post by VE3TUH »

Hi, just bumping this post, hoping somebody might have run across this. I have a W3 that has been bench tested/tuned, everything is 100% except for the W3 dtmf keypad modulation levels, they way overdeviate. I do not see any reference in cps to adjust the dtmf modulation level specifically, and there does not appear to be any internal adjustments for this either. Does anybody know how to adjust the W3 keypad dtmf modulation level?

Thanks,

Randy

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”