PC-based DPL decoder software??

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Elroy Jetson

PC-based DPL decoder software??

Post by Elroy Jetson »

Does anyone know of a PC-based software package that will decode and identify DPL codes out of an audio stream,
input to the PC via the line input on the sound card?

I've found some interesting and genuinely useful software that I use regularly on my test bench to assist in testing radios,
including software that will generate multiple tones at variable levels (PL tone plus audio tone, for example) and will also
work as a software spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, and even an I/Q modulation monitor with constellation diagram
display. It does earn its keep when I'm doing in-depth performance checks on receivers and transmitters.

But, I have yet to find DPL decoding software. Has anyone heard of such a software package?

Elroy
kc7gr
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Sunair (HF).

Re: PC-based DPL decoder software??

Post by kc7gr »

I would be a bit surprised if you do find something. Recovering the DPL signal, and getting it clean enough for decoding, would be quite a challenge for many sound cards. Doing so would require excellent low-frequency response and equally good S/N ratio.

The closest thing I've heard of is WinCTCSS, which does PL tones. When queried if he was considering adding DPL capability to the package, the program's author said it would be "very involved."

If you do find something, I would be curious to hear what it is.

Happy tweaking.
Bruce Lane, KC7GR
"Raf tras spintern. Raf tras spoit."
ronenp

Re: PC-based DPL decoder software??

Post by ronenp »

Here is what you look for

http://radioetcetera.googlepages.com/dcsdecodeprogram

Good Luck
Ronen - 4Z4ZQ
http://www.ronen.org

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”