Saber 1 UHF pair with harsh audio?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Bowlieweekender
New User

Saber 1 UHF pair with harsh audio?

Post by Bowlieweekender »

Bit of a mystery with an apparently matched pair of UHF Saber 1's, the audio in the clear is a little harsh but once you enable DES it gets really scratchy both ways. You'd swear the filtering was too tight or they are off channel ever so slightly.

They are both on TX frequency, that was the first thing I checked.

Before I strip them open I wondered if I was missing something obvious, a known problem, easy fix scenario etc.

Any thoughts/advice/things to try appreciated.

Cheers Nigel

p.s. When was the last time someone saw one of those Saber audio text boxes for sale?
Elroy Jetson

Re: Saber 1 UHF pair with harsh audio?

Post by Elroy Jetson »

How's the audio processing option set? It's been a long time since I programmed a Saber but they have an audio processing feature which
cuts out low frequencies at high volume settings, and it's adjustable via the RSS. When it kicks in, audio IS rather harsh but it's more clear
without the lower frequencies distorting, too.

You might want to check that audio processing setting. Try turning it off, for starters.

Elroy
Bowlieweekender
New User

Re: Saber 1 UHF pair with harsh audio?

Post by Bowlieweekender »

Thanks Elroy
Grreat suggestion, didn't even know that was an option. These were brand new radio's, never used. I'll go look for that option now.
Cheers Nigel

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”